Kalimpong is a subdivision of the Kalimpong district in the state of West Bengal, India formed when the British annexed the territory from Bhutan in 1864. It consists of the Kalimpong Municipality and three community development blocks: Kalimpong–I, Kalimpong–II and Gorubathan. The three blocks contain 42 gram panchayats. The subdivision had its headquarters at Kalimpong Town. On 14 February 2017 the subdivision was promoted to a district, becoming Kalimpong district independent of Darjeeling.
|• Official||Bengali and Nepali|
|• Additional official||English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
Apart from the Kalimpong municipality that consists of 23 wards, the subdivision contained rural areas of 42 gram panchayats under three community development blocks: Kalimpong–I, Kalimpong–II and Gorubathan.
Kalimpong–I block consists of rural areas with 18 gram panchayats, viz. Bong, Kalimpong, Samalbong, Tista, Dr. Grahams Homes, Lower Echhay, Samthar, Neembong, Dungra, Upper Echhay, Seokbir, Bhalukhop, Yangmakum, Pabringtar, Sindepong, Kafer Kanke Bong, Pudung and Tashiding. This block has one police station at Kalimpong. Headquarters of this block is in Kalimpong. This block has no block officer since 2012. Current additional block development officer is Sri Sashwata Bhowmik
Kalimpong–II block consists of rural areas only with 13 gram panchayats, viz. Dalapchand, Kashyong, Lole, Lingseykha, Gitabling, lava-Gitabeong, Payong, Kagay, Lingse, Shangse, Pedong, Syakiyong and Shantook. This block is served by Kalimpong police station. Headquarters of this block is in Algarah. Current Block development officer is Sri Anandya Sarkar
Gorubathan block consists of rural areas only with 11 gram panchayats, viz. Dalim, Gorubathan–I, Gorubathan–II, Patengodak, Todey Tangta, Kumai, Pokhreybong, Samsing, Aahaley, Nim and Rongo.the main town of Gorubathan block is Sombaray bazar. This block has two police stations: Gorubathan and Jaldhaka. Headquarters of this block is in Fagu. Current block development officer is Sri Subrata Mohanta
As per order of the Delimitation Commission in respect of the delimitation of constituencies in the West Bengal, the whole are under the subdivision, viz. the Kalimpong municipality and the three blocks of Kalimpong–I, Kalimpong–II and Gorubathan together constituted the Kalimpong assembly constituency of West Bengal. This constituency was part of Darjeeling Lok Sabha constituency.
- "Fact and Figures". www.wb.gov.in. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. p. 85. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 19 March 2008. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2008.
- "District Profile". Official website of Darjeeling district. Retrieved 9 December 2008.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Darjeeling district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 26 December 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Press Note, Delimitation Commission" (PDF). Assembly Constituencies in West Bengal. Delimitation Commission. pp. 5, 23. Retrieved 10 January 2009.