Kalibata is noteworthy as the location of the Kalibata Cemetery or "Heroes' Cemetery", where veterans of the Indonesian National Revolution and other prominent people are buried - including National Heroes of Indonesia - roughly the Indonesian equivalent to the American Arlington National Cemetery.
The 12-hectare superblock in South Jakarta, Kalibata City applies the concept of Affordable Public Residential Superblock that consists of Kalibata Residences, Kalibata Regency and Green Palace Apartment. The superblock features Kalibata City Square, a state of the art mall that will be the heart of Kalibata City, as well as other amenities that include schools, offices and commercial areas. The 7,000 sqm Kalibata City Forest, which serves as Outbound Adventure Park, is designed to be the lung of the superblock.
Several residents of Kalibata City formed an organization called Komunitas Warga Kalibata City (KWKC) to pursue their objectives in advocating against unlawful and illegal actions by the apartment management. On 10 April 2016, KWKC launched its website  consisting features such as news, events and forum.
In February 2015, dozens of residents staged a protest by walking around the apartment buildings. They protest because the apartments’ maintenance fees have increased by 43 percent and the apartment management's lack of transparency. Also there are many criminal acts in this apartment complex, like murder, drug abuse and robbery.
On 26 April 2015, Kalibata City is allegedly linked to the online prostitution practice. The Jakarta Police arrested members of a prostitution ring operating out of the Kalibata City after discovering that the group had been attracting customers through Twitter.
- "Balibo widow offended by Rudd visit". www.theaustralian.com.au. 12 June 2008.
- "Media Release". pandora.nla.gov.au. Archived from the original on 2010-11-25.
- "HugeDomains.com - KalibataCity.com is for sale (Kalibata City)". www.hugedomains.com. Cite uses generic title (help)
- "Agung Podomoro Group". www.agungpodomoro.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2019-04-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-29. Retrieved 2014-06-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-16. Retrieved 2014-06-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Post, The Jakarta. "Kalibata City residents protest management". The Jakarta Post.
- Post, The Jakarta. "Police bust prostitution ring in Kalibata City". The Jakarta Post.
- "Linked to Online Prostitution, Kalibata City Raided by Police". Tempo. 26 April 2015.