|• Official||Bengali, Santali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Medinipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Kharagpur|
Kalaikunda is located at.
Kharagpur subdivision, shown partly in the map alongside, mostly has alluvial soils, except in two CD blocks in the west – Kharagpur I and Keshiary, which mostly have lateritic soils. Around 74% of the total cultivated area is cropped more than once. With a density of population of 787 per km2nearly half of the district’s population resides in this subdivision. 14.33% of the population lives in urban areas and 86.67% lives in the rural areas.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
Air Force StationEdit
Kalaikunda Air Force Station is an Indian Air Force base. It was built by the British during World War II.
As per 2011 Census of India Kalaikunda had a total population of 9,344 of which 5,196 (56%) were males and 4,148 (44%) were females. Population below 6 years was 1,202. The total number of literates in Kalaikunda was 6,973 (74.63% of the population over 6 years).
.* For language details see Kharagpur I#Language and religion
According to the District Census Handbook 2011, Paschim Medinipur, Kalaikunda covered an area of 2.17 km2. Among the civic amenities, the protected water supply involved tap water from treated sources, borewell, tubewell. It had 804 domestic electric connections. Among the medical facilities, it had 2 dispensaries/ health centres, 1 nursing home, 1 charitable hospital/ nursing home, 15 medicine shops. Among the educational facilities it had were 3 primary schools.
- "District Human Development Report Paschim Medinipur, 2011". page 27-28. Department of Planning and Statistics, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- "District Statistical Handbook Paschim Medinipur, 2013". Table 2.2, 2.4 (a). Department of Planning and Statistics. Retrieved 10 September 2020.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 13 January 2007.
- "District Census Handbook Paschim Medinipur, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Pages 2827-2833; Statement I: Status and Growth History, Page 2827; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Page 2829; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Page 2830; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2831, Page 2832; Statement V: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities, Page 2832,2833; Statement VI:Industry and Banking ,Page 2833. Directorate of census Operations V, West Bengal. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "58021 Kharagpur-Tatanagar Passenger". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 15 January 2017.