The Buzwagi Gold Mine, located in the eastern suburb of Kahama.
|• Type||Town council|
|Time zone||GMT + 3|
Kahama is located in the Kahama District of the Shinyanga Region, approximately 109 kilometres (68 mi), by road, south-west of Shinyanga where the regional headquarters are located. The town is approximately 536 kilometres (333 mi), by road, north-west of Dodoma, the capital of Tanzania.
As of January 2006, the population of Kahama was estimated at 36,000.
Places of interestEdit
The following nine placed of interest are in or near the town:
- Headquarters of Kahama District Administration
- Offices of Kahama Town Council
- Kahama Central Market
- Buzwagi Gold Mine
- Kahama Mining Corporation Limited - an underground gold mine operated by Barrick Gold, a Canadian mining company
- Kahama General Hospital
- Kahama Airstrip
- Dodoma-Bukoba highway
- Northern Kahama Game Reserve - about 40 kilometres (25 mi), by road, north of Kahama
- "Distance Between Kahama And Shinyanga, With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Map Showing Kahama And Dodoma With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Estimated Population of Kahama, Tanzania In January 2006". Mongabay.com. 2006. Retrieved 20 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kahama, Tanzania: Water & Sanitation Project". Business Partners for Development - Water & Sanitation. Retrieved 20 November 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kahama.|