This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kadinjool Kalyanam (transl. Maiden wedding) is a 1991 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film directed by Rajasenan and starring Jayaram, Urvashi and Innocent. The film marks the first collaboration of Rajasenan and Jayaram.
VCD Cover Designed
|Produced by||P. Vijayan|
|Written by||Reghunath Paleri|
|Music by||:(Songs)Raveendran :(Background Music)Jonson|
|Edited by||G. Murali|
|Distributed by||Charangattu Relese|
|1991 September 26|
Sudhakaran is a manager in an interstate bus office. He loves Ramani and they hope to marry when she finishes her studies. Sudhakaran's father, a palmist, reads Ramani's hand one day and predicts that a marriage between her and Sudhakaran will end in Sudhakaran's death. Ramani is heart broken but decides that she will not marry Sudhakaran. Sudhakaran is angry with his father for whom he has only contempt. Ramani marries another man and Sudhakaran becomes depressed.
Panikkar notices his favorite employee's state of mind and promises to find him a bride worthy of his respect and love. Sudhakaran though hesitant gives into the suggestion and marries Hridayakumari.
Hridayakumari, the new bride is a simple girl with the stubbornness and willfulness of a child. Her behaviour vexes Sudhakaran and his mother. They suspect she is mentally challenged. One thing leads to another and one day, Sudhakaran's accepts the telemarketing tactics of a contract killer and pays to get Hridayakumari killed. But afterwards, Sudhakaran forbids the contract killers to kill Hridayakumari as she was pregnant. The climax of the film reveals the characters' multi-dimensional natures.
- Jayaram as Sudhakaran
- Urvashi as Hridayakumari (Sudhakaran's wife)
- K.P.A.C. Lalitha as Chinnamalu (Sudhakaran's mother)
- Innocent as Pathira Panicker
- Jagathi Sreekumar as Sivaraman
- Suchitra as Ramani
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Pothuval
- Krishnankutty Nair as Veerabhadran (Sudhakaran's father)
- Valsala Menon as Bhavaniyamma
- Kuthiravattom Pappu as Mathai
- Mammukoya as Imbichi Koya
- Unnimary as Kadambari (Panicker's wife)
- Sadiq as Prakashan (Mandhan Prakashan)
- T. R. Omana
- Bobby Kottarakkara as Sankaran
- Kalabhavan Rahman as Gangadharan
The film had musical score composed by Raveendran.
- Manassil ninnum manassilekk -K J Yesudas
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|