Kadinjool Kalyanam (transl. Maiden wedding) is a 1991 Indian Malayalam-language family drama film directed by Rajasenan and starring Jayaram, Urvashi and Innocent. The film marks the first collaboration of Rajasenan and Jayaram.
|Produced by||P. Vijayan|
|Written by||Reghunath Paleri|
|Edited by||G. Murali|
|Distributed by||Charangattu Relese|
|26 September 1991|
Sudhakaran is a manager in an interstate bus office. He loves Ramani and they hope to marry when she finishes her studies. Sudhakaran's father, a palmist, reads Ramani's hand one day and predicts that a marriage between her and Sudhakaran will end in Sudhakaran's death. Ramani is heart broken but decides that she will not marry Sudhakaran. Sudhakaran is angry with his father for whom he has only contempt. Ramani marries another man and Sudhakaran becomes depressed.
Panicker notices his favorite employee's state of mind and promises to find him a bride worthy of his respect and love. Sudhakaran though hesitant gives into the suggestion and marries Hridayakumari.
Hridayakumari, the new bride is a simple girl with the stubbornness and willfulness of a child. Her behaviour vexes Sudhakaran and his mother. They suspect she is mentally challenged. One thing leads to another and one day, Sudhakaran's accepts the telemarketing tactics of a contract killer and pays to get Hridayakumari killed. But afterwards, Sudhakaran comes home to see that Hridayakumari has had a change of heart. He now wants to back out from this decision to kill Hridayakumari. He also learns that she is pregnant. Sudhakaran desperately tries to contact the contract killers to ask them to back out, but he couldn't contact them again. He totally panics and tries to protect Hridayakumari from unknown possibility of a murder attempt. The climax of the film reveals the characters' multi-dimensional natures.
- Jayaram as Sudhakaran
- Urvashi as Hridayakumari
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Chinnamalu (Sudhakaran's mother)
- Innocent as Pathira Panicker
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Sivaraman
- Suchitra Murali as Ramani
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Pothuval
- Mamukkoya as Imbichi Koya
- Krishnankutty Nair as Veerabhadran (Sudhakaran's father)
- Kuthiravattam Pappu as Mathai
- Rajan P. Dev
- Valsala Menon as Bhavaniyamma
- Kuthiravattom Pappu as Mathai
- Unnimary as Kadambari (Panicker's wife)
- Sadiq as Prakashan (Mandhan Prakashan)
- T. R. Omana
- Sangeetha as Pothuval's wife
- Bobby Kottarakkara as Sankaran
- Kalabhavan Rahman as Gangadharan
- Manassil Ninnum Manassilekk - K. J. Yesudas