Kachua Upazila, Chandpur
|• Total||235.82 km2 (91.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,600/km2 (4,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Kachua is located in between 23.15 and 23.28 degrees of North latitudes and 90.48 to 91.01 degrees of East longitudes. (). It has a total area of 235.82 km2.
Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics
According to the 2011 Bangladesh census, Kachua Upazila had 76,642 households and a population of 382,139, 7.1% of whom lived in urban areas. 11.5% of the population was under the age of 5. The literacy rate (age 7 and over) was 53.8%, compared to the national average of 51.8%.
Kachua Upazila is divided into Kachua Municipality and 12 union parishads: Ashrafpur, Bitara, Dakshin Gohat, Dakshin Kachua, Kadla, Karyia, Pashim Sahadebpur, Pathoir, Purba Sahadebpur, Sachar, Uttar Gohat, and Uttar Kachua. The union parishads are subdivided into 158 mauzas and 232 villages.
Some famous residents of Kachua are:
- Habibunnabi Shariful Haque Shajee (2012), "Kachua Upazila (Chandpur District)", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal (ed.), Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "District Statistics 2011: Chandpur" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 November 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Community Report: Chandpur" (PDF). Population & Housing Census 2011. Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- "Population and Housing Census 2011: Bangladesh at a Glance" (PDF). Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- প্রখ্যাত ব্যক্তিত্ব [Eminent personalities]. Kachua Upazila, Chandpur.
- Ahmed, Nasir; Mikail, Mohammad; Saha, DK (2009-05-06). "Mineralogical study of Sediment samples of Kachua, Chandpur district for investigation of arsenic bearing minerals". Journal of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences. 32 (1): 1–12. doi:10.3329/jbas.v32i1.2436. ISSN 0378-8121.