This article needs to be updated.(May 2019)
|Channels||Digital: 31 (UHF)|
Virtual: 31 (PSIP)
|Branding||Enid's Outdoor Station|
|Slogan||Taking Enid Television Broadcasting into the Future|
|Affiliations||31.1: Retro TV|
31.3: Azteca America
|Owner||ME3 Communications Company|
|Founded||November 21, 1994|
Former call signs
|Pursuit Channel, America One|
The station is owned by the ME3 Communications Company of Oklahoma City, and managed by Jack Mills.
The station was founded November 21, 1994, under the call sign K32DZ, by Media Manics Incorporated of Enid, and managed by Charles D. Pearson. Its call sign changed to KXOK-LP on November 23, 2001. Rex Faulkner began managing the station in 2002. In 2002, the station built a new studio in Oakwood Mall, where it produced a local newscast and held auctions. Ownership was officially transferred to Faulkner on January 22, 2004. The station remained in Faulkner's ownership until his death in 2005, and was managed by Dixie Meyer, executrix of the Estate of Rex Faulkner until its sale to ME3 Communications in 2007. On July 8, 2009, the station's call sign changed again to KXOK-LD.
In 2004, the station filed a lawsuit against the University Network for breach of contract. The University Network filed a countersuit for copyright infringement. The station had been broadcasting programming featuring Dr. Gene Scott since November 2002. Past programming has also included The Box, Horse TV, Americana Music Television, and The Sportsman Channel.
The station's digital signal is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|Callsign||Channel||City of license|
Notable former staffEdit
- FCC Information for KXOK-LD.
- FCC Call-sign Public Notice Report no. 421
- Barron, Robert. "Attorney Faulkner purchases Enid television station," Enid News & Eagle November 19, 2001
- Barron, Robert. "Sale may help clear up TV Station's 'Confused Mess,'" Enid News & Eagle January 7, 2004
- "Enid Attorney Found Dead," Enid News & Eagle February 24, 2005
- Barron, Robert. "KXOK files Lawsuit Against TV Preacher," Enid News & Eagle February 12, 2004
- Barron, Robert. "Network Sues KXOK, Faulkner," Enid News & Eagle April 26, 2004
- Barron, Robert. "Attorney fires back at KXOK," Enid News & Eagle March 11, 2004
- RabbitEars TV Query for KXOK
- "Diana Kettle - biography". imdb.com.
- Barron, Robert (21 April 2003). "Local band highlighted at film festival". Enid News & Eagle. Archived from the original on 2004-08-04. Retrieved 13 October 2019.
- "VAL-L-PoetBrice-0831". timesheraldonline.com. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "The Week Ahead: Fairfield Reception to Mark National Poetry Month". dailyrepublic.com. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Feb 7 Arts and Entertainment: Poet Laureate enjoys first year". timesheraldonline.com. Retrieved 6 February 2019.