Košarkaški klub Proleter (Serbian Cyrillic: Кошаркашки клуб Пролетер), commonly referred to as KK Proleter Zrenjanin, is a men's professional basketball club based in Zrenjanin, Serbia. They currently participates in the Second Basketball League of Serbia. The club is also known as Proleter Naftagas due to sponsorship reasons. They are the only club in Serbia outside Belgrade which won a national title.
|Leagues||Second League of Serbia|
|Team colors||Red, White|
|Head coach||Stefan Atanacković|
|Championships||1 National Championship|
Formed in 1947, they immediately became one of the leading clubs in the Yugoslavia. The club was named after Proletariat. In the 1948 season, just one year after its establishment, the club won second place in the national championship. They also finished runners-up in 1952 and 1955, before finally won the national title in the 1956 season. At the time, the club has a notable starting five consisted of players Vilmos Lóczi, Lajos Engler, Dušan Radojčić, Ljubomir Katić, and Milutin Minja.
KK Proleter has had several denominations through the years due to its sponsorship:
Note: Flags indicate national team eligibility at FIBA sanctioned events. Players may hold other non-FIBA nationality not displayed.
Trophies and awardsEdit
- Yugoslav League (defunct)
- Second League of Serbia (2nd-tier)
- Winner (1): 2016–17
- "Košarkaška prvenstva Jugoslavije (1945-91) – drugi deo". strategija.org. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "Košarkaška prvenstva Jugoslavije (1945-91) – treći deo". strategija.org. Retrieved 21 June 2020.
- "POSVETA NAŠIM LEGENDAMA: Branimir Brstina snimao film u Zrenjaninu". zrenjaninski.com. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Stefan Atanacković novi trener Košarkaškog kluba Proleter". ilovezrenjanin.com. Retrieved 2 October 2020.