|• Total||52.79 km2 (20.38 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (610/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||(+36) 94|
Places of interestEdit
The town is especially well known for its castle which used to belong to the Batthyány family, one of the most important aristocrat families of Hungary. Blessed Ladislaus Batthyány-Strattmann (1870–1931), a famous ophthalmologist who was beatified by the Catholic Church, lived in the castle with his family for nearly 10 years. He turned one of the wings of the castle into an ophthalmology clinic where he treated poor patients for free.
Today, the castle belongs to the Hungarian state.
- Körmendi FC, association football club
- Prince Edmund Batthyany-Strattmann (1826–1914), nobleman
- László Batthyány-Strattmann (1870–1931), doctor and nobleman
- Imre Sinkovits (1928–2001), actor of the National Theatre
- Péter Besenyei (born 1956), aerobatic pilot
- Soulwave (formed 2007), alternative rock band
- Krisztián Pars (born 1982), hammer thrower
Twin towns – sister citiesEdit
- "Testvérvárosok". kormend.hu (in Hungarian). Körmend. Retrieved 2021-04-10.