|• Mayor||Franz Feigl (CSU)|
|• Total||18.40 km2 (7.10 sq mi)|
|Elevation||516 m (1,693 ft)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Königsbrunn is one of the youngest settlements in Bavaria. It became an independent commune in 1842 and obtained the municipal law 125 years later, in 1967. In 1688 the bishop built a custom house at the crossroad of Via Claudia, which is called the "Neuhaus" (meaning new house). It is the oldest building of the young city.
The local elections of 2014 produced the following result:
Mayors since 1900Edit
- 1900–1911: Johannes Wahl
- 1912–1924: Jakob Pfitzenmaier
- 1935–1945: Jakob Schreijak
- 1945: Hermann Herget
- 1945–1948: Xaver Salvamoser
- 1948–1984: Fritz Wohlfarth
- 1984–1996: Adam Metzner (CSU)
- 1996–2014: Ludwig Fröhlich
- since 2014: Franz Feigl (born 1970) (CSU)
The responsible police station for Königsbrunn is the police station of Bobingen.
The fire station of the volunteer fire brigade of Königsbrunn is located at St.-Johannes-Straße 42 in Königsbrunn. Here a Löschzug (platoon for fire fighting) and a Rüstzug (platoon for technical help, e.g. road accidents) are stationed. There is no fixed area of responsibility. The public-safety answering point (PSAP) of Augsburg is responsible for alerting the fire brigade. The PSAP is always alerting the closest rescue vehicle to an emergency. Administrative borders like counties etc. do not matter here. The area of operation is about Königbrunn itself including the 4 lane B17 and for support the towns around.
- Wolfgang Knabe (born 1950), cultural scientist and expedition leader
- Darius Kampa (born 1977), football goalkeeper, former licensed player, today coach
- Markus Thorandt (born 1981), footballer, Bundesliga player at FC St. Pauli
- Steffen Tölzer (born 1985), ice hockey player, defender of the Augsburger Panther
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). July 2019.
- "Stadt Koenigsbrunn - 1. Bürgermeister und Stadträte - resultierend aus dem Wahlergebnis". Archived from the original on 2014-05-19. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- Official website (in German)