Juventus F.C. Under-23
Juventus Football Club Under-23, also known as Juventus U23 or colloquially as Juventus B, is an Italian football team which acts as Juventus' reserve team. They play their home games at the Stadio Giuseppe Moccagatta in Alessandria, a comune about 100km away from Turin, the home city of the football club.
|Full name||Juventus Football Club Under-23|
|Short name||Juve U23|
|Founded||3 August 2018|
|Ground||Stadio Giuseppe Moccagatta|
|2018–19||Serie C Group A, 12th|
Founded in 2018, Juventus U23 competes in Serie C, the third level of the Italian football league system. The team plays in the same professional league system as their senior team, rather than a separate league dedicated for youth teams. However, the reserve team cannot play in the same division as their senior team, currently making Juventus U23 ineligible for promotion to the Serie A.
Juventus Under-23 was founded on 3 August 2018, following the reintroduction of reserve teams in Italian football after over sixty years, and was officially admitted to the Serie C championship. On 21 August, Luca Zanimacchia became the first scorer of the team's history after scoring the only goal in a 1–0 win over Cuneo in the first round of the Coppa Italia Serie C.
Season to seasonEdit
|Season||Tier||Division||Place||Coppa Italia Serie C|
|2018–19||3||Serie C||12th||Group stage|
- As of 2 September 2019
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Current technical staffEdit
|Head coach||Fabio Pecchia|
|Assistant coach||Stefano Sottoriva|
|Goalkeeper coach||Cristiano Lupatelli|
|Fitness coach||Daniele Palazzolo|
|Assistant fitness coach||Samuele Callegaro|
|Rehabilitation Specialist||Andrea Lanfranco|
Last updated: 29 June 2019
Below is a list of Juventus U23 managers from 2018 until the present day.
- "La seconda squadra bianconera è realtà!". Juventus.com. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Ammissione Seconda Squadra Juventus FC - Campionato Serie C" (PDF). Figc.it. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Juventus Under 23-Cuneo 1-0". Goal.com. 21 August 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Juventus U23 - Juventus.com". Juventus.com. Retrieved 2 October 2018.[dead link]
- Juventus F.C. Youth Sector, consists of Primavera, Berretti, Allievi, Giovanissimi and other ladder teams