JurisPedia // is a wiki encyclopedia of academic law in many languages, currently available in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish and Dutch. It was started in October 2004, inspired in part by Wikipedia and the Enciclopedia Libre (University of Seville). JurisPedia runs on the MediaWiki software, but it is not a Wikimedia Foundation project.
Screenshot of JurisPedia home page
Type of site
|Created by||African Legal Information Institute, Can Tho University, Université du Québec à Montréal, Institut für Rechtsinformatik, Paul Cézanne University|
|Alexa rank||506,583 (February 2019[update])|
|Registration||Required to edit or create content|
|Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license|
JurisPedia was developed on the initiative of the African Legal Information Institute, the Faculty of law of the Can Tho University (Vietnam), the team of JURIS (Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada), the Institut für Rechtsinformatik of Saarland University (Germany), the Institut de Recherche et d'Études en Droit de l'Information et de la Communication (IREDIC) of the Paul Cézanne University.
On March 10, 2014, the French version of Jurispedia and the Bar Association of Paris have signed an agreement to take part in the creation of the «Great Library of Law » 
- "Jurispedia.org Traffic, Demographics and Competitors - Alexa". www.alexa.com. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- (13 April 2011). Law Practice Tips and Tricks Entertain a Crowd in 1 Hour, ABA Journal
- Fodden, Simon (12 March 2007). About Jurispedia.
- Fodden, Simon (5 October 2009). JurisPedia Wins Legal Informatics Prize, Slaw.
- Dieter Meurer Förderpreis Rechtsinformatik (in German). Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- Members of the Free Access to Law Movement (FALM) (accessed 3 november 2012)
- Bar Association of Paris : The «Great Library of Law » Archived 2014-03-31 at the Wayback Machine (in French). Retrieved March 31, 2014.
Bibliofrance.org - Article:The Bar Association of Paris launches «Great Library of Law » - (in French). Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- JurisPedia home page
- Article about JurisPedia (in French) (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, World Summit on the Information Society).
- Esther Hoorn, "Using the Wiki-Environment of Jurispedia in Legal Education, BILETA Annual Conference 2006 Malta, April 2006.