|Jungcheon of Goguryeo|
|Revised Romanization||Jungcheon-wang or Jungyang-wang|
|McCune–Reischauer||Chungch'ŏn-wang or Chungyang-wang|
|Revised Romanization||Go Yeon-bul|
- Father: King Dongcheon (동천왕, 東川王)
- Grandfather: King Sansang (산상왕, 山上王)
- Consorts and their respective issue(s):
- Queen, of the Yeon clan (왕후 연씨, 王后 椽氏); born in Yeonnabu (연나부, 椽那部).
- Unnamed son
- Prince Yakro (약로, 藥盧; d. 292)
- Prince Dalga, the Lord of An (안국군 달가, 安國君 達賈; d. 292) – had a virtue appearance that made him killed by the jealous King Bongsang.
- Prince Ilu (일우, 逸友; d. 286) – killed by King Seocheon.
- Prince Sobal (소발, 素勃; d. 286) – killed by King Seocheon.
- Unknown princess – married Myeongrim Holdo (명림홀도, 明臨笏覩) from Yeonnabu in 256.
- Lady Gwanna (관나부인, 貫那夫人; d. 251); born in Gwannabu (관나부, 貫那部) and was executed – No issue.
Background and rise to the throneEdit
Deaths within the Royal familyEdit
He married Lady Yeon, probably from the Yeonna-bu region. In 251, he came across a beautiful woman with nine-feet black hair from Gwanna region. Needless to say, two wives of Jungcheon argued severely at all times, trying to fend off each other out of king’s eyesight. Eventually, Lady Gwanna was put to get drowned by angered king in the Yellow Sea. Although Lady Gwanng had one son with Jungcheon, he never got an opportunity to be a crown prince and in 255, Yak-ro, a son with Lady Yeon got the seat in 255, later Seocheon of Goguryeo.
War with the WeiEdit
In 259 at the king's 12th year of reign, the Cao Wei general Yuchi Kai (尉遲楷) invaded with his army. The king sent 5,000 cavalry to fight them in the Yangmaek region; the Wei forces were defeated and about 8,000 people slain.
- Pyŏn, Wŏl-lim (2005). The lives of Korean women in history. Seoul: Iljisa Publishing House. p. 121. ISBN 9788931205602.
- "King Jungcheon". KBS Radio. KBS. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Kim, Bushik. "三國史記 卷第十七 髙句麗本紀 第五". Samguk Sagi (in Korean). Retrieved 31 January 2016. 冬十月, 立椽氏爲王后
- Korea Quarterly Vol.5. Seoul: Kukche Haksurwŏn. 1963. p. 146. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Samguk sagi,"十二年，冬十二月，王畋于杜訥之谷。魏將尉遲楷〈名犯長陵諱。〉將兵來伐。王簡精騎五千，戰於梁貊之谷，敗之，斬首八千餘級。"
- Kim, Bushik. "三國史記 卷第十七 髙句麗本紀 第五". Samguk Sagi (in Korean). Retrieved 31 January 2016. 二十三年, 冬十月, 王薨. 葬於中川之原, 號曰中川王.