This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Juliet AnnMarie Huddy (born September 27, 1969) is an American news anchor. She is the anchor for the Bernie and Sid Snow in morning drive, airing on WABC in New York City. She was a co-anchor of Good Day Wake Up on Fox 5 NY WNYW, alongside Ben Simmoneau. She was formerly the host of The Morning show with Mike and Juliet on Fox News. She also was an anchor for the Fox News Channel.
Juliet Huddy in New York City in 2003
|Born||Juliet AnnMarie Huddy
September 27, 1969
Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||Tv Host and Former Co-anchor of WNYW Fox 5 Good Day Wake Up with Ben Simmoneau|
Early life and careerEdit
Huddy was born in Miami Beach, Florida, the daughter of John, a television producer, and Erica Huddy, a singer/performer. She graduated from Langley High School (McLean, Virginia) in 1987 and earned a degree in political science with a minor in sociology at the University of Missouri.
After completing her formal education, she began her news journalism career at age 23 as a reporter/producer for KARO-FM's morning newscast in Columbia, Missouri. She later relocated to Ventura, California to join KADY-TV — a station owned by her mother and father – where she initially worked as the station's promotions director and executive producer but later turned to reporting at the Ventura County News Network. As promotions director, she won numerous ADDY awards.
She was executive producer of "Armed Response", a finalist for the IRIS award given by the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE).
After more than five years working in California, Huddy relocated to Jacksonville, Florida to work for WAWS as a general-assignment reporter for the station's nightly newscast. She also worked as a news anchor for WFYV-FM's morning radio program The Lex and Terry Show and a regular on The KiddChris Show, at WYSP/Philadelphia.
She joined Fox News in March 1998 as a reporter at the Miami bureau, but later on moved to the New York studios where she presented a variety of news programs and occasionally filled in for E.D. Hill on Fox & Friends during the week. She also was a rotating co-host of Fox and Friends First, later becoming a permanent co-host of Fox & Friends Weekend, alongside Mike Jerrick and Julian Phillips. In the summer of 2005, Huddy began co-hosting Dayside. She started a blog on the Dayside homepage, called Juliet's DaySide Dish.
During the summer of 2006, Fox News announced that the network would cease production of Dayside, in addition to the news that Fox Broadcasting was planning to produce a new breakfast television show for syndication, beginning with television stations owned by the Fox Television Stations Group. The new program, akin to Dayside, would be hosted by Jerrick and Huddy, requiring them to leave Fox News for the syndicated program. The program was initially promoted to feature elements of both programs the hosts have been a part of, Dayside and Fox & Friends. When officially launched on January 22, 2007, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet aired with both hosts, Huddy producing a video blog for the program. The show was not renewed and stopped taping new episodes in June 2009.
After the show's cancellation in 2009, Huddy returned to Fox News and worked as a newscaster. She was a frequent guest on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld, Fox News' late night satire program and was featured in a weekly segment "Did You See That" on The O'Reilly Factor.
Huddy is married to musician John Fattoruso. This is her fourth marriage.
Her brother, John Huddy, is a former Fox News journalist who was based in Jerusalem. He was terminated by Fox on October 23, 2017, the same day that Juliet Huddy appeared on Megyn Kelly Today to discuss her sexual harassment claims against former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.
Sexual harassment lawsuitEdit
- "On Air Personalities". Fox News. Archived from the original (Juliet Huddy) on 1 April 2014. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Barmash, Jerry (17 October 2012). "Heather Nauert and Juliet Huddy Swap Roles with Fox". FishbowlNY. Mediabistro. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- "Topics and Guests: Jan. 18". Fox News. 18 January 2006. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Brian (22 January 2007). "Mazzarelli's Big Morning". TVNewser. Mediabistro. Archived from the original on October 30, 2013.
- Johnson, Richard (18 June 2009). "Huddy's Marriage Ends After 4 Months" (Page Six). New York Post.
- "Posts Tagged 'O'Reilly Factor'" (Juliet Huddy: “Yellow Belly” Ron Paul). Carpe Diem. The Kubrick Theme Blog. 7 September 2011.
...on the O’Reilly Factor over his refusal to return to the show. During her weekly “Did You See That?” segment...
- Huddy said this to Sid and Bernie 30 minutes into their inaugural morning drive show, April 2, 2018. "I kept saying yes", she explained, and went on to insist that her current husband is the right one.http://www.wabcradio.com/bernieandsid/
- Dino-Ray Ramos (23 Oct 2017). "Fox News Fires John Huddy After Sister Speaks Out About Bill O'Reilly Sexual Harassment Claims". deadline.com. Retrieved 24 Oct 2017.
- "Sexual Harassment Lawsuit: Jan. 12". People. 12 January 2017.