This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Juliana Jay Harkavy (born January 1, 1985) is an American actress. She is known for portraying Rebecca in Dolphin Tale, Jessie in To Write Love on her Arms, and Alisha in the television series The Walking Dead. Her roles include a starring role in the horror film Last Shift, and a reprise of her role as Rebecca in Dolphin Tale 2. She is currently a series regular on The CW superhero series Arrow, portraying Dinah Drake / Black Canary.
Juliana Harkavy in 2017.
Juliana Jay Harkavy
January 1, 1985
|Occupation||Actress, writer, musician|
Peter Kupchick (m. 2014)
Early life and educationEdit
Harkavy was born in New York City on January 1, 1985. She is the daughter of Berta Carela and Michael Harkavy, who is the former Senior Vice president of Warner Bros. Entertainment Worldwide Publishing, Kids' WB Music, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Her professional acting career began when she was 10 years old.
Harkavy trained at the Young Actors Space in Sherman Oaks, California for nine years. She attended her first year of high school at Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles, where she became fluent in French, and did part of her schooling in the South of France. She earned her high school diploma from the Milken Community High School in Los Angeles, California.After high school, Harkavy attended The Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, where she majored in Theater in the Sanford Meisner studio.
Harkavy’s first acting job was at age 10 in a commercial for the Fox Kids series Goosebumps, based on the popular horror-book series. Her first role in a major motion picture was an uncredited role in the 1995 version of A Little Princess, directed by Alfonso Cuarón.
Harkavy starred in the 2010 short film Whatever Lola Wants. Nominated for a Best Actress Award at the 2011 University of Miami Canes Film Festival Harkavy is the star in the short film The Lost Doll directed by James Walhberg.
In 2016 she was cast in the fifth season of the CW show Arrow, in the recurring role of Detective Tina Boland, whose true name is revealed to be Dinah Drake, acting as the new Black Canary. She was promoted to series regular for the show's sixth season, which began airing in the Fall of 2017.
Harkavy is of Russian, Hungarian, Dominican, African and Chinese descent. She plays the piano, the guitar, and the flute. She has lived in New York, New Mexico, New Jersey, California, Florida, and France. On June 19, 2014, she married Peter Kupchick.
|1995||A Little Princess||Girl in India|
|2006||Love is Blind||Crystal|
|My Super Ex-Girlfriend||Passerby|
|2010||Whatever Lola Wants||Lola||Short movie, nominated for Best Actress Award at UM Canes film festival.|
|If You Only Knew||Louise|
|2012||A Feeling from Within||Stacey|
|2013||Finding Joy||Pretty Young Woman|
|House of Bodies||Tisha|
|2014||Dolphin Tale 2||Rebecca|
|Last Shift||Officer Jessica Loren|
|2015||To Write Love on Her Arms||Jessie||Filmed in 2011, released in 2015|
|2010||The Glades||Amy||Episode: "Doppelganger"|
|2011||Big Mike||Janette Ogilvy||TV movie|
|2013||Graceland||Alex||Episode: "Heat Run"|
|The Walking Dead||Alisha||Episodes: "Dead Weight", "Too Far Gone"|
|2014||Constantine||Sarah||Episode: "Blessed are the Damned"|
|2016||Below the Surface||Kelly||TV movie|
|2017–present||Arrow||Dinah Drake / Black Canary||Recurring role (Season 5); Main role (Season 6-present)|
|2017||The Flash||Episode: "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3"|
|2017||Legends of Tomorrow||Episode: "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 4"|
- "'Dolphin Tale 2' filming underway at Clearwater Aquarium". On Location Vacations. October 18, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Goldberg, Matt (February 16, 2012). "RENEE Movie Image and Set Photo". Collider. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Anthony DiBlasi Directing Horror Pic 'Paymon'". Deadline. June 28, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Picture - Juliana Harkavy Los Angeles, California, Saturday 17th September 2011 | Photo 2588460". Contactmusic.com. September 17, 2011. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Meet The Cast". Reneethemovie.com. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Speed Weed & Sarah Tarkoff (writers) & Mark Bunting (director) (February 1, 2017). "Second Chances". Arrow. Season 5. Episode 11. The CW.
- "ABCD". IMDb.com. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Chiller | Scary Good". Fearnet.com. July 29, 2015. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Turek, Ryan (June 25, 2013). "First Official Image from Anthony DiBlasi's Paymon". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Character one-sheets released for Dread director's unique sounding chiller 'Paymon' » Horror Cult Films - Movie Reviews of Obscure, Weird, Strange, Horror and Cult Cinema". Horror Cult Films. July 10, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "Canes Film Festival". Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- "The Lost Doll Short Film PSA Commercial". Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Dessner, Dina (December 1, 2013). "Geek League Interview - Juliana Harvkavy, "Alisha" On 'The Walking Dead'". Geek League of America. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- "TVLine Items:Arrow's New Detective" "TVLine", Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Arrow Ups Rick Gonzalaz & Juliana Harkavy To Season 6 Regulars". "Deadline Hollywood". April 13, 2017. Retrieved May 14, 2017.
- "That's right! That's mom's side. Pops is Russian/Hungarian". Twitter. February 7, 2017.