Julia F. Knight
Julia Frandsen Knight is an American mathematician, specializing in model theory and computability theory. She is the Charles L. Huisking Professor of Mathematics at the University of Notre Dame and director of the graduate program in mathematics there.
Knight did her undergraduate studies at Utah State University, graduating in 1964, and earned her Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley in 1972 under the supervision of Robert Lawson Vaught.
Honors and AwardsEdit
In 2012 she became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society and she was elected to be the 30th president of the Association for Symbolic Logic. She was named MSRI Simons Professor for Fall 2020.
- Faculty profile, Notre Dame, retrieved 2013-10-16.
- Julia Knight – Named professorships and directorships at Notre Dame Archived 2013-10-17 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 2013-10-16.
- Julia F. Knight at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of AMS Fellows, retrieved 2013-10-16.
- ASL Newsletter, January 2019.
- MSRI. "Mathematical Sciences Research Institute". www.msri.org. Retrieved 2021-06-07.