Juan de la Cruz (actor)
Juan de la Cruz was a Danish actor and singer of Spanish descent who appeared in Hollywood films from the 1910s through the 1950s.
Juan de la Cruz
Juan de la Cruz de Morety
June 4, 1881
|Died||November 12, 1953 (aged 62)|
Orange County, California, USA
|Spouse(s)||Vera Eyton (div.)|
Originally a singer and stage actor in his native Copenhagen, de la Cruz moved to Hollywood around 1912. He was reportedly of noble descent, and was referred to in books published at the time as Count de Morety.
- The Spanish Main (1945)
- Delinquent Daughters (1944)
- Shake Hands with Murder (1944)
- Miss V from Moscow (1942)
- Meet the Wildcat (1940)
- Suzy (1936)
- Magnificent Obsession (1935)
- Wolfe and Montcalm (1924)
- Food for Scandal (1920)
- For the Soul of Rafael (1920)
- Pegeen (1920)
- An Adventure in Hearts (1919)
- A Gentleman's Agreement (1918)
- The House of Lies (1916)
- The Making of Maddalena (1916)
- The Woman Who Followed Me (1916)
- The Purple Maze (1916)
- Where Are My Children? (1916)
- The Voice of the Tempter (1916)
- The League of the Future (1916)
- The Flirt (1916)
- Hop: The Devil's Brew (1916)
- Discontent (1916)
- Lord John's Journal (1915)
- The Gentleman from Indiana (1915)
- Peer Gynt (1915)
- The Lorelei Madonna (1915)
- The Spark from the Embers (1915)
- Kelly, Kitty (26 Jun 1915). "Flickerings from Film Land". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2020-11-20.
- Source: Who's who in the Pacific Southwest: a compilation of authentic biographical sketches of citizens of Southern California and Arizona. Los Angeles: Times-Mirror Print. & Binding House, 1913, 406 pgs.
- "Another Picture Captive". The Oregon Daily Journal. 4 Jul 1915. Retrieved 2020-11-20.
- "Juan de la Cruz and Robert Warwick in "An Adventure in Hearts" | Photograph". Wisconsin Historical Society. 2003-12-01. Retrieved 2020-11-20.