Juan Pedro Gutiérrez
Juan Pedro Gutiérrez Lanas, commonly known as either Juampi Gutiérrez or J. P. Gutiérrez, (born October 10, 1983) is a former Argentine-Spanish professional basketball player. He played at the power forward and center positions.
Gutiérrez wearing the jersey of Granada, in 2009.
|Born||October 10, 1983|
Nueve de Julio, Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Nationality||Argentine / Spanish|
|Listed height||6 ft 8.75 in (2.05 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|Career highlights and awards|
Gutiérrez began his professional career in the Argentine League with Obras Sanitarias during the 2001–02 season. In 2004, he joined the Spanish ACB League club Granada. He returned to Obras Sanitarias in 2010, where he played for two seasons, winning two titles with the club. He signed with the Spanish League club CB Canarias for the 2013–14 season.
National team careerEdit
Gutiérrez was also a member of the senior men's Argentine national basketball team. He made his debut with the senior team in 2004 at the FIBA South American Championship. He won silver medals at the 2005 FIBA Americas Championship and the 2007 FIBA Americas Championship, as well as bronze medals at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games and the 2009 FIBA Americas Championship.
He also won the gold medal at the 2011 FIBA Americas Championship.
Awards and accomplishmentsEdit
Argentine national teamEdit
- 2004 FIBA South American Championship: Gold
- 2005 FIBA Americas Championship: Silver
- 2006 FIBA South American Championship: Bronze
- 2007 FIBA Americas Championship: Silver
- 2008 FIBA South American Championship: Gold
- 2008 FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament: Gold
- 2008 Summer Olympic Games: Bronze
- 2009 FIBA Americas Championship: Bronze
- 2010 FIBA South American Championship: Silver
- 2011 FIBA Americas Championship: Gold
- 2012 FIBA South American Championship: Gold