Juan Kruz Igerabide
Juan Kruz Igerabide (born 24 March 1956 Aduna) is a writer who has published many works aimed at children and young people, but his literary career began with the adult literature. Originally he published a collection of poems for adults, titled Notre-Dameko oihartzunak ( 1984 ) which was followed Bizitzarekin solasean ( 1989 ), Sarean leiho ( 1994 ) and Mailu isila ( 2002 ) for which he received the Critics of Spain Award .
Juan Kruz Igerabide
|Born||24 March 1956|
Juan Kruz Igerabide was born in Aduna (Gipuzkoa) in 1956. He studied Magisterium and spent several years teaching in an elementary school. He later obtained a doctorate in Basque Philology and began to work in the Basque department of the University of the Basque Country as professor of Basque at the University. He is currently a Basque Technician in the Euskara Service of the UPV-EHU and director of the Mikel Laboa Chair in the same University. In 2003 he was appointed corresponding member of the Academy of the Basque Language (Euskaltzaindia) 
Although his foray into literature was directed at adult audiences, it was in his stage of primary school teacher that his passion for children's and young people's literature emerged, a genre in which he excelled with the publication of important works. In addition to highlighting as a writer his work as a researcher is especially noteworthy, especially in the field of children's literature, analyzing poetry. It is worth noting the work Bularretik Mintzora: haurra, ahozkotasuna eta literatura (1993) which analyzes the oral tradition. In this work we start with the analysis of stories that have been heard in childhood, making a study of their origins, functions, uses and the relationship between literature and children. This study analyzes the influence of these children's stories on children from various aspects and the role that oral tradition should play in today's society.
The book he published together with the illustrator Elena Odriozola entitled Eguberria (Nerea, 2012), which is the result of a work of compilation and documentation on the Christmas tradition, myths, Oral culture and literature. In the same way, the book Ur: euriaren liburua (Denonartean, 2014) which gathers in it a cardboard box, music, book, loose images and games is noteworthy .
- 1994 : Prize of Criticism by Sarean Leiho .
- 1997 : Baporea Award for Gau, gau, gau. Oi zein Ituna .
- 1999 : Euskadi Award for Jonas eta hozkailu beldurtia .
- 2003 : Prize of the Critique of Poetry in Basque by Mailu isila .
- 2006 : Prize Baporea by Kakotxen k herrialdea .
- Gorputz osorako poemak ( 2005 , Aizkorri)
- Ilargia ezpainetan ( 2006 , Erein)
- Pipitaki ( 2006 , Aizkorri)
- Run Sebastian, run! ( 2006 , Algar)
- Adio Jonas ( 2007 , Aizkorri)
- Sudurretik txintxilika ( 2007 , Edebe-Giltza)
- Haizearen tunela ( 2009 , Giltza)
- Misterioa argitu arte ( 2010 , Elkar)
- Motoa ( 2012 , Alberdania)
- Eguberria (2012, Nerea)
- Ur: euriaren liburua ( 2014 , Denonartean)
- Ur: the rain book ( 2014 , Cenlit)
- Satorra hegan ( 2015 , Edebe-Giltza)
- Ur: the drop that did not want to fall ( 2017 , Cenlit)