Juan Carlos (footballer, born 1988)
Juan Carlos in 2015
|Full name||Juan Carlos Martín Corral|
|Date of birth||20 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Guadalajara, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007–2011||Rayo Vallecano B||147||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 February 2021|
Born in Guadalajara, Castilla–La Mancha, Juan Carlos made his senior debut with CD Guadalajara in the 2004–05 season, in Tercera División. He joined Rayo Vallecano on 26 July 2005, returning to youth football.
Juan Carlos was promoted to the reserves in summer 2007, and appeared regularly with the side in the fourth tier and Segunda División B. On 5 June 2011 he played his first match as a professional, starting in a 2–3 home loss against FC Barcelona B for the Segunda División.
On 4 July 2011, after being deemed surplus to requirements, Juan Carlos moved to Hércules CF also in division two. On 2 July 2013, he signed for Córdoba CF after rejecting a contract extension.
Juan Carlos appeared in 15 matches in his debut season, as the Andalusians returned to La Liga after a 42-year absence. He made his debut in the competition on 25 August 2014, starting in a 0–2 away defeat to Real Madrid.
Juan Carlos returned to his first club Rayo on 6 August 2015, after agreeing to a two-year deal. On 23 July of the following year, after suffering top-flight relegation, he signed a two-year contract with Elche CF.
On 28 June 2017, after another relegation, Juan Carlos signed a two-year deal at CD Lugo still in the second tier. On 20 January 2018, the day of his 30th birthday, he scored with a kick from his own half in the 3–1 home win over Sporting de Gijón.
- In isolation, Juan is pronounced [xwan].
- Juancar deja el Guadalajara para fichar por el Rayo (Juancar leaves Guadalajara to sign with Rayo); Rayo Herald, 26 July 2005 (in Spanish)
- Soberbio punto y final del filial en el adiós de Vallecas a Segunda (Superb curtain call from reserves in Vallecas' goodbye to Segunda); Marca, 4 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- El Rayo Vallecano no cuenta con Juan Carlos (Rayo Vallecano do not count with Juan Carlos); Rayo Herald, 2 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- El guardameta Juan Carlos (Rayo Vallecano) firma dos años con el Hércules (Goalkeeper Juan Carlos (Rayo Vallecano) signs for two years with Hércules); ABC, 4 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- Juan Carlos defenderá la portería del Córdoba (Juan Carlos will defend Córdoba's goal); Marca, 2 July 2013 (in Spanish)
- "Los héroes del ascenso" [The promotion heroes] (in Spanish). ABC. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Slow start from Real Madrid; ESPN FC, 25 August 2014
- Juan Carlos nuevo jugador del Rayo (Juan Carlos new player of Rayo) Archived 3 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine; Rayo Vallecano, 6 August 2015 (in Spanish)
- Juan Carlos refuerza la portería franjiverde (Juan Carlos bolsters the franjiverde goal); Elche CF, 23 July 2016 (in Spanish)
- Juan Carlos, nuevo jugador del CD Lugo (Juan Carlos, new player of CD Lugo); CD Lugo, 28 June 2017 (in Spanish)
- "¡Lo nunca visto! Así fue el zapatazo del portero del Lugo desde 65 metros" [Unheard of! That was what Lugo goalkeeper's blast from 65 metres was like] (in Spanish). Marca. 20 January 2018. Retrieved 20 January 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Juan Carlos, una assegurança per a la porteria" [Juan Carlos, a safeguard for the goal] (in Catalan). Girona FC. 25 June 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)