Journey Beyond Three Seas
Journey Beyond Three Seas (Hindi: Pardesi; Russian: Хождение за три моря (Khozhdenie za tri morya)) is a 1957 Indian-Soviet film, jointly directed by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas and Vasili Pronin. It was made in two version, Hindi and Russian, and is based on the travelogues of Russian traveller Afanasy Nikitin, called A Journey Beyond the Three Seas, which is now considered a Russian literary monument.
|Directed by||Khwaja Ahmad Abbas|
|Produced by||Naya Sansar|
|Written by||Khwaja Ahmad Abbas|
|Music by||Anil Biswas|
Ali Sardar Jafri
Made during the high time of Indo-Russian amity, Pardesi is an Indo-Soviet film co-production between the state-owned "Mosfilm Studio" and Khwaja Ahmad Abbas's, "Naya Sansar International" production house.
- "Rasiyaa Re Man Basiyaa Re" - Meena Kapoor
- "Na Dir Dhin Tana Dere Na, Na Ja Na Ja Balam" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Phir Milenge Jane Wale Yar Dusvidaniya" - Manna Dey
- "So Ja Re Lalna So Ja Re Lalna" - Meena Kapoor
- "Rim Jhim Rim Jhim Barse Pani Re" - Meena Kapoor, Manna Dey
- "Jai Jai Ramkrishna Hari, Tujh Me Ram Mujh Me Ram" - Manna Dey
- "Arre Zara Suno Lagakar Dhyan" (2) - Manna Dey
- "Arre Zara Suno Lagakar Dhyan, Yaha Jan Me Log Mahan" - Manna Dey
- Pardesi fourth Ind-Soviet co-production The Kaleidoscope of Indian Cinema, by Hameeduddin Mahmood, Affiliated East-West Press, 1974. page 17, 84.
- on YouTube
- Pardesi (1957 film) www.searchamovie.com.
- "Festival de Cannes: Journey Beyond Three Seas". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 13 February 2009.
- -Awards Internet Movie Database.