Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics published by Elsevier. It covers research in nutritional science, medical nutrition therapy, public health nutrition, food science and biotechnology, foodservice systems, leadership and management, and dietetics education.
|Edited by||Linda G. Snetselaar|
|Journal of the American Dietetic Association|
|ISO 4||J. Acad. Nutr. Diet.|
The journal was established in June 1925 as the quarterly Journal of the American Dietetic Association and obtained its current name in January 2012 as part of an organization-wide name change. The first issue went to 735 Academy members and a few paid subscribers.
Continuing professional educationEdit
Since March 2005, the journal has offered free continuing professional education (CPE) to academy members, with each issue providing 4 CPE units. CPE represents one of the most frequently read departments in the journal, with 82% of recipients reading these articles "at least sometimes".
The journal, with its publisher Elsevier and Readex Research, conducts a biannual survey of its member readers to determine reader needs and satisfaction. According to the 2010 survey, the journal is the most read dietetics-related publication among academy members—21% more popular than its nearest competitor and at least twice as popular as its other competitors.
Huddleson and Monsen AwardsEdit
The journal bestows two awards each year honoring authors and researchers.
The Huddleson Award, named for Mary Pascoe Huddleson, editor of the journal from 1927-1946, honors a registered dietitian who was the lead author of a peer-reviewed article that made an important contribution to the dietetics profession and was published in the journal.
The Monsen Award recognizes an academy member's body of research that encompasses a major component of his or her professional efforts and is published in a recognized peer-reviewed scientific journal. This award is named after Elaine Monsen, editor emeritus of the journal, in recognition of her contribution to research literature in nutrition and dietetics throughout her 20 years as editor-in-chief.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Cassell, Jo Anne (1990). Carry the Flame: The History of The American Dietetic Association. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association. pp. 56–57. ISBN 978-0-88091-038-5.
- "Journal of American Dietetic Association becomes Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" (Press release). Elsevier. January 25, 2012. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Lipscomb, Ryan; Brown, Damon (2006). "2006 ADA Member Benefits Update". Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 106 (4): 500. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2006.02.025.
- Lipscomb, Ryan (2011). "2010 Journal Reader Survey Results". Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 111 (2): 206, 209–11. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2010.12.012. PMID 21272690.
- Lipscomb, Ryan (2009). "2008 Journal Reader Survey Results". Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 109 (5): 796–799. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2009.03.018.
- "Jill Reedy, PhD, MPH, RD, Wins Huddleson Award". Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 111 (10): 1602. 2011. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2011.08.019.
- "Ronette Briefel, DrPH, MPH, RD, Wins Monsen Award". Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 111 (10): 1603. 2011. doi:10.1016/j.jada.2011.08.015.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2010-03-10. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Source details: Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.