|Born||27 October 1917|
|Occupation||Governor of Kerala, India|
|Awards||Padma Shri (1974)|
Venkatachalam was born in Rangoon in October 1917. She was elected to the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly from Egmore constituency as an Indian National Congress candidate in 1962 election, and as an Indian National Congress (Organisation) candidate from Srirangam constituency in 1971 election. She briefly served as a minister for Prohibition and Women's Welfare in the C. Rajagopalachari cabinet between 10 October 1953 and 12 April 1954.
In 1974 Jothi Venkatachalam was conferred with a 'Padma Shri' award for her dedicated contribution in the field of Public Affairs.
- 1962 Madras State Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 1971 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- Nehru, Jawaharlal (1984). Selected works of Jawaharlal Nehru, Volume 24. Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund. ISBN 0-19-565275-4.
- Justice Party golden jubilee souvenir, 1968. Justice Party. 1968. p. 58. ISBN.
- Kandaswamy. P (2008). The political Career of K. Kamaraj. Concept Publishing Company. pp. 62–64. ISBN 8170228018.
- The Madras Legislative Assembly, Third Assembly I Session
- The Madras Legislative Assembly, Third Assembly II Session
- "Governors of Kerala". Archived from the original on 13 August 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2010.
- TN Ms.No.106 October 25, 1999
- Trailblazers from another era