Josephine Diane Shirley Gibson (born 24 January 1985) is a British television personality. In 2010, she won the eleventh series of Big Brother. Later that year, she entered Ultimate Big Brother. She was also a regular guest host on the Channel 5 magazine series OK! TV.
Gibson in 2015
Josephine Diane Shirley Gibson
24 January 1985
In 2010, Gibson entered the Big Brother house. Throughout her stay, she received five nominations for eviction, and never faced the public vote. She entered into a romantic relationship with fellow housemate John James Parton and upon leaving Big Brother, the couple confirmed that they were dating. On Day 66 of Big Brother 11, Josie was selected by the other housemates to receive a ticket to the final. On Day 77 of Big Brother 11, she was announced as the winner with 77.5% of the public vote; the highest percentage out of any other Big Brother series.
After an interview with Davina McCall, she confirmed she was going to take part in Ultimate Big Brother, then re-entered the Big Brother house 18 minutes later. On Day 3 of Ultimate Big Brother, Gibson walked out of the house, while other housemates were nominating. It was confirmed that she was not returning to the Ultimate Big Brother house. She was reunited with Parton seconds after breaking out, as he was at the Big Brother compound recording a message for her. Her fellow housemates shared their sadness after her exit, with Ulrika Jonsson crying and eventual winner Brian Dowling predicting that she would have won if she had stayed.
Presenting and other projectsEdit
In early 2011, Gibson released a perfume called 'Josie'. She also released limited edition hoodie tops on her official website. She also became a spokesmodel for Curvissa Clothing. She did an implied nude photoshoot in August 2011. Gibson also wrote a regular column for Now magazine.
Gibson was a showbiz reporter for Channel 5 show OK! TV. She appeared on the series on Thursdays, and presented from the first episode in January 2011. She also guest presented the series when Jenny Frost was away. OK! TV ended on 16 December 2011. She was also a reporter for Big Brother's Bit On The Side from August to November 2011.
Gibson was a weekly animal reporter for Channel 5's Live With.... She appeared first on 8 March 2012, and was a regular feature on the show and appeared once every week. Beginning in April 2012, Gibson wrote a column in Now magazine called "Just Josie".
Gibson has appeared on numerous television series, such as: Celebrity Wedding Planner, Celebrity Impossible, Let's do Lunch with Gino & Mel, The Wright Stuff, Silent Library, Wagons Den, Celebrity Juice, Live From Studio Five, The Vanessa Show, OK! TV, Big Brother's Bit On the Side, Live with..., This Morning and Loose Women, as well as having her own reality shows John James and Josie: What happened Next and There's Something About Josie.
In January 2013, Josie became the official new face of Pearlys, a UK nationwide cosmetic teeth whitening company. Later that month, she released a workout DVD called Josie Gibson: 30 Second Slim.
In February 2017, she appeared as contestant on The Jump, but was the first celebrity eliminated after refusing to take part in the live ski jump. It was announced shortly after her departure from The Jump that she would be present a new dating show called Getting Jiggy With Josie and that it would air later in the year on Made TV.
Josie and John James: What Happened NextEdit
In October 2010, she and John James Parton appeared in a one-off fly on the wall show following their lives together called Josie and John James: What Happened Next. In May 2011, she appeared in three-part reality TV series There's Something About Josie.
Gibson has appeared on The Vanessa Show, Loose Women, Celebrity Juice, Let's Do Lunch With Gino and Mel, Live From Studio Five and The Wright Stuff. She also appeared on Big Brother spin-off shows Big Brother's Little Brother, Big Brother's Big Mouth, and Silent Library. Gibson has also appeared on the show Celebrity Wedding Planner on Channel 5 in January 2012 and Celebrity Dinner Date in January 2016.
Gibson is originally from Bristol and attended Brimsham Green School in Yate, before getting kicked out for bad behaviour, then she attended the Ridings high school. Gibson donated £20,000 of her winnings to CLIC Sargent when she left Big Brother. In September 2018, she gave birth to her son, Reggie-James.
- "Josie Gibson: British media Icon reveals "I feel my most sexiest in Gym gear"". Women Fitness. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Bio". Josiegibsonofficial.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Josie wins Big Brother 11! - Big Brother News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. 24 August 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Josie quits Ultimate Big Brother". 26 August 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Josie walks out of UBB house - Ultimate Big Brother News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Housemates react to Josie's exit - Ultimate Big Brother News - Reality TV". Digital Spy. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Josie Perfume". josiegibsonfansite.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Curvissa". Curvissa.co.uk. March 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Tutton, Charlotte (7 February 2017). "The Jump star Josie Gibson lands presenting role on blind dating show called Getting Jiggy With Josie". OK! Magazine. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Where did these 11 Bristol celebrities go to school?". Bristol Post. 2 April 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Bristol charity CLIC Sargent 'thrilled' by Big Brother winner Josie's pledge". Bristol Post. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "Josie Gibson gives birth: Big Brother star's baby details as she welcomes first child with boyfriend Terry - here's everything you need to know". OK!. Retrieved 7 January 2020.