Joshua Gregory Cole (born July 25, 1990) is an American politician. A Democrat, he is a former member of the Virginia House of Delegates, representing the 28th district which encompasses Stafford County, Virginia and Fredericksburg, Virginia in Northern Virginia. Cole is also a member of the Democratic National Committee since elected by the Democratic Party of Virginia at the 2020 convention.
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
from the 28th district
January 8, 2020 – January 12, 2022
|Preceded by||Robert Thomas|
|Succeeded by||Tara Durant|
|Born||July 25, 1990|
|Residence(s)||Fredericksburg, Virginia, U.S.|
He worked for Liberty University and Richmond City Public Schools. He was also a pastor and is the president of the Stafford County NAACP. Cole has also had many staff positions in the Virginia Assembly. Between the 2017 and 2019 elections, he was chief of staff to delegate Kelly Fowler.
In 2019, Cole announced his campaign for the same seat in the 2019 election. He faced the Stafford County Supervisor Paul V. Milde, who had defeated Thomas in the Republican primary. Cole won with 51.8% of the vote. Cole was defeated for re-election in November 2021 by Tara Durant.
- Lance-Star, James Scott Baron The Free. "Milde and Cole clash in high-stakes battle for 28th District House seat". Fredericksburg.com.
- "2020 Democratic Party of Virginia State Convention Results". Democratic Party of Virginia. 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2021-01-29.
- "Executive Committee". Unit 7118.
- "Cole plans another run for 28th District delegate". INSIDENOVA.COM.
- "2019 November General".
- "Republicans end Democratic control of Virginia House of Delegates". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2021-11-06.
- "Joshua Cole, Virginia Delegate for HD-28". LGBTQ Victory Fund. Retrieved 2021-08-02.