Joshua Paul Dallas (born December 18, 1978) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Prince Charming/David Nolan in the ABC television series Once Upon a Time and Fandral in the Marvel Comics film adaptation Thor. He currently stars as Ben Stone in the NBC drama series Manifest.
Dallas at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 26, 2014
Joshua Paul Dallas
December 18, 1978
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
(m. 2007; div. 2011)
Ginnifer Goodwin (m. 2014)
Returning to the United States and based in Hollywood, he was cast in 2011 as Fandral in Thor after Irish actor Stuart Townsend withdrew from the role days before filming was to begin. As he was a virtually unknown actor when cast, there was some speculation that Dallas was selected because there simply was not enough time to find a bigger name replacement. To prepare for the role, Dallas viewed Errol Flynn as an inspiration (Stan Lee, in 1965, created the character based on Flynn), and watched many of his films. He commented, "I tried to bring out that little bit of Flynn-ness in it. Flynn had a lot of that boyish charm and Fandral's got all that in him."
In 2011, he began starring in the ABC series Once Upon a Time as Prince Charming. Dallas did not reprise his role in the sequel to Thor due to his commitments in Once Upon a Time. Zachary Levi replaced him in the film. After six seasons, Dallas exited the series in 2017. He would, however, return for its series finale the following year. For 2018-19, he was cast as Ben Stone, the male lead, in the NBC mystery/drama series Manifest. The network is promoting the series on-air as "The #1 new show of the season."
Dallas subsequently began dating his Once Upon a Time co-star Ginnifer Goodwin in fall 2011. Dallas and Goodwin became engaged in October 2013, and married on April 12, 2014 in California. Together, they have two sons, born in May 2014 and June 2016 respectively.
|The Descent Part 2||Greg|
|Ghost Machine||Bragg||Voice role|
|2012||Red Tails||Ryan Fling|
|2016||Zootopia||Frantic Pig||Voice role|
|Sidekick||James / Captain Strong||Short film|
|2006||Ultimate Force||Weaver||Episode: "The Dividing Line"|
|2008||Doctor Who||Node 2||Episode: "Silence in the Library"|
|2009||The Last Days of Lehman Brothers||Ace||Television film|
|2010||Money||Spunk Davies||2 episodes|
|Hawaii Five-0||Ben Bass||Episode: "Ko'olauloa"|
|2011||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Kip Woodman||Episode: "Targets of Obsession"|
|2011–18||Once Upon a Time||Prince Charming/David Nolan, Prince James||Main cast (seasons 1-6), Guest star (season 7); 135 Episodes|
Nominated - Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Breakout Performance, Male (2012)
Nominated - Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor, Fantasy/Sci-Fi (2014)
Nominated - People's Choice Award for Favorite TV Duo (shared with Ginnifer Goodwin)
|2018–present||Manifest||Ben Stone||Main Cast|
- Lisa (March 3, 2015). "Tinkerbell And The Legend Of The Neverbeast - Ginnifer Goodwin Interview". My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
I mean like my husband he is 36 and was crying through the premiere.
- "Joshua Dallas". AllMovie / Rovi via The New York Times. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- Vejvoda, Jim (January 10, 2011). "Thor Finds a New Fandral". IGN. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Wigler, Josh (January 11, 2011). "Stuart Townsend Leaves 'Thor,' Joshua Dallas Will Play Fandral". MTV. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Weiland, Jonah (December 10, 2010). "On The Set of "Thor": Stevenson & Dallas". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Wightman, Catriona (March 10, 2011). "Three more stars join 'Once Upon A Time'". Digital Spy. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- "'Thor 2' Eyes 'Chuck' Star Zachary Levi (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. June 8, 2012. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (May 12, 2017). "Once Upon a Time: Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin and Jared Gilmore exit". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- "'Once Upon a Time': Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas and Emilie de Ravin Return for Series Finale". tvline.com. tvline.com. March 21, 2018. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Jones, Alice (April 20, 2013). "The naked truth about Lara Pulver". The Independent. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Johnson, Zach. "Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas make red carpet debut as a couple". Us Weekly. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Jordan, Julie (October 11, 2013). "Ginnifer Goodwin Engaged to Josh Dallas". People. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- Michaud, Sarah (April 13, 2014). "Ginnifer Goodwin Marries Josh Dallas". People. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- Jordan, Julie (May 30, 2014). "Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas Are Parents of Baby Boy". People. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "Once Upon a Time's Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas Welcome Baby No. 2". E! News. June 8, 2016.