Joshua Blau (Hebrew: יהושע בלאו , born September 22, 1919 Cluj, Romania) is an Israeli scholar of Arabic language and literature, currently Professor Emeritus at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Blau was elected as a member of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities in 1968. Blau was elected a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy in 1983. He has published a number of books and articles on the Arabic and Hebrew languages, and the Semitic languages generally, in Hebrew and English (and occasionally in German).
- Joshua (Yehoshua) Blau home page Archived 2018-03-22 at the Wayback Machine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Steve Linde (8 May 2013). "Bertie Lubner gets BGU Lifetime Achievement Award". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Members - Prof. Joshua Blau". Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "Professor Joshua Blau". British Academy. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- A grammar of Biblical Hebrew (Porta linguarum Orientalium: Neue Serie 12). Wiesbaden: O. Harrassowitz. (1976)
- On Pseudo-Corrections in Some Semitic Languages. Jerusalem: The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. (1970)
- Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew (LSAWS 2). Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns. (2010)
- Joshua (Yehoshua) Blau home page, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
|This article on an Israeli linguist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|