Joshua Michael Peck (born November 10, 1986) is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, and YouTube personality. He is best known for playing Josh Nichols alongside Drake Bell's character in the Nickelodeon sitcom Drake & Josh from 2004 to 2007, and in its two television films in 2006 and 2008. He began his career as a child actor in the late 1990s and early 2000s, and became known to young audiences after his role on The Amanda Show from 2000 to 2002. He has since acted in films such as Mean Creek (2004), Drillbit Taylor (2008), The Wackness (2008), ATM (2012), Red Dawn (2012), Battle of the Year (2013), Danny Collins (2015), and Take the 10 (2017). He has voiced Eddie in the Ice Age franchise since Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), and voiced Casey Jones in the Nickelodeon animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012–17). He also starred with John Stamos in the Fox comedy series Grandfathered (2015–16).
Peck was born in New York City, New York, and grew up in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan. He attended P.S. 40 and The Professional Performing Arts School. His parents were unmarried at the time of his birth and he has never met his biological father. He grew up with his mother, Barbara, who is a career coach, and his maternal grandmother. Peck is Jewish, and had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony. He had asthma during his childhood, and often stayed indoors watching old sitcoms. He was inspired to become involved in stand-up comedy when he was eight years old.
Peck subsequently appeared at TADA! Youth Theater and performed stand-up comedy at Carolines on Broadway for the Audrey Hepburn foundation. He appeared on The Rosie O'Donnell Show at the age of 10 in 1996. At the age of 13, he was offered a role on Nickelodeon's The Amanda Show and, at his mother's suggestion, accepted the part and moved to Los Angeles to further pursue an acting career.
Peck made his film debut in Snow Day (2000), and appeared regularly on The Amanda Show until the end of its run in 2002. He also starred opposite Alex D. Linz and Zena Grey in the theatrical film, Max Keeble's Big Move, which was released on October 5, 2001. In 2001, he guest starred in an episode of the NBC drama ER called "Thy Will Be Done". During this period, Peck appeared in several independent films, including Spun and 2004's Mean Creek, for which he received critical praise. He was cast as Josh Nichols, opposite Drake Bell's Drake Parker, in another Nickelodeon sitcom, Drake & Josh, which began airing in 2004 and gained Peck recognition among young audiences. Peck's character, Josh Nichols, was smart, funny, and organized, but was always being tormented along with Drake by Megan Parker (Miranda Cosgrove), Drake's younger sister. Both characters sing in a remake of the song "Soul Man" by Sam and Dave. In 2006, Bell and Peck starred in their own TV movie called Drake & Josh Go Hollywood, and in 2007, they starred in a sequel called Drake & Josh: Really Big Shrimp. Josh was nominated for Favorite Television Actor at the 2008 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards for his work on Drake & Josh. Peck also made his debut as a director in the Drake & Josh episode, "Battle of Panthatar". He also directed his co-star Drake Bell's music video for the theme song to Drake & Josh, "Found a Way". He has also appeared in the series finale of What's New, Scooby-Doo?, an episode of Codename: Kids Next Door called "Operation: C.A.K.E.D.-F.I.V.E.", and the direct-to-video New Line Cinema film Havoc. Peck returned to the character of Josh Nichols in 2008 for the television film Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh.
In 2006, Peck appeared in the independent film Special, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and voiced Eddie, one of two possum brothers, in the animated sequel, Ice Age: The Meltdown, which was released on March 31 of that year. Peck played a high school bully in 2008's Drillbit Taylor, and starred in the films The Wackness (released July 2008), American Primitive, Safety Glass, and reprised his role as Eddie in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
In 2011, Peck had a cameo role on the hit Nickelodeon show Victorious as an audience member for a play Jade wrote. In 2012, Peck starred in the remake of Red Dawn, and once again reprised his role as Eddie, in Ice Age: Continental Drift. In 2013, he began voicing Casey Jones in Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In 2014, Peck appeared as Danny Norwood in the pilot of The Rebels, one of Amazon Studios' five adult test pilots released on Amazon Video in early 2014.
In 2015, Peck was cast as a lead in the comedy series, Grandfathered. He starred alongside John Stamos. Grandfathered premiered on September 29 and has gained generally favorable reviews from Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Both Peck and Stamos are nominated for a 2016 People's Choice Award in the category "Favorite Actor In A New TV Series". However it was canceled after one season.
Peck made his first feature on David Dobrik's Vlog on December 14, 2016,  and was featured in several videos before he decided to start making videos on his own Youtube channel. Josh Peck uploaded his first video to his Youtube channel on July 19, 2017.  Josh has been uploading to Youtube regularly, and has many brand deals such as RedBox  which allow him to make a decent living off being a Youtube personality.
Peck also currently has a podcast called "Curious with Josh Peck" produced by Ramble,  where he interviews celebrities such as John Stamos and Bob Saget discussing not only current topics but their personal lives.
In the fourth season of Drake & Josh, Peck was noticeably thinner. He said:
I made a conscious effort to lose weight because I knew I could be happier as well as being healthier. I started by going on a diet a year and a half ago and I got a personal trainer, but I definitely have a healthier lifestyle now. Also I feel that because I do so much television, I am a better role model. I don't really understand why I should be a role model, but I know that kids do look up to me, so it is my responsibility to motivate people and be inspiring. I hope that I can do that for kids. It doesn't really matter what you look like though.
|Snow Day||Wayne Alworth|
|2001||Max Keeble's Big Move||Robert "Robe"|
|2004||Mean Creek||George Tooney|
|Ice Age: The Meltdown||Eddie||Voice role|
|2008||The Wackness||Luke Shapiro|
|American Primitive||Spoke White|
|2009||What Goes Up||Jim Lement|
|Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs||Eddie||Voice role|
|Aliens in the Attic||Sparks||Voice role|
|Ice Age: Continental Drift||Eddie||Voice role|
|Red Dawn||Matt Eckert|
|2013||Battle of the Year||Franklyn|
|2015||The Wedding Ringer||Bad Best Man|
|Danny Collins||Nicky Ernst|
|2016||The Angry Birds Movie||Minion Pig 2||Voice role|
|Ice Age: Collision Course||Eddie||Voice role|
|2017||Take the 10||Chris|
|Gnome Alone||Liam||Voice role|
|2000||All That||Himself||Episode: "The cast from Snow Day/Hoku"|
|2000||Double Dare 2000||Himself||Episode: "Snow Day vs. The Amanda Show"|
|2000–01||The Amanda Show||Various characters||Series regular|
|2001||ER||Nick Stevens||Episode: "Thy Will Be Done"|
|2001||Family Guy||Charlie||Voice role (uncredited); Episode: "The Kiss Seen Around the World"|
|2001||Samurai Jack||S Kid / Pig #3 / Alien Kid||Voice; Episode: "Aku's Fairy Tales"|
|2002||Whatever Happened to Robot Jones?||Lenny||Voice role (5 episodes)|
|2002||MADtv||Jeffrey Lugz||1 episode|
|2002||Fillmore!||Randall Julian||Voice role; Episode: "To Mar a Stall"|
|2003–04||The Guardian||Chris Rapp||2 episodes|
|2004–07||Drake & Josh||Josh Nichols||Co-lead role (57 episodes)|
|2005||All That||Himself||Episode: "Nickelodeon's All That 10th Anniversary Reunion Special"|
|2006||Codename: Kids Next Door||Numbuh 50 Million B.C.||Voice role; Episode: "Operation: C.A.K.E.D.-F.I.V.E."|
|2006||What's New, Scooby-Doo?||Damian / Kid / Zombie Kid #2||Voice roles (Episode: "E-Scream")|
|2006||Drake & Josh Go Hollywood||Josh Nichols||Nickelodeon television film|
|2008||Merry Christmas Drake and Josh||Nickelodeon Christmas special film|
|2009||iCarly||Jimmy||Uncredited; Episode: "iReunite with Missy"|
|2011||Victorious||Josh Nichols||Uncredited (2 episodes)|
|2011||Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas||Eddie||TV special; voice role|
|2013–17||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Casey Jones||Voice|
|2013–14||The Mindy Project||Ray Ron||3 episodes|
|2014||The Big Bang Theory||Jesse||Episode: "The Occupation Recalibration"|
|2014||The Rebels||Danny Norwood||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2015||Teen Choice Awards||Himself||Host|
|2016||Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade||Eddie||TV special; voice role|
|2016||Lip Sync Battle||Himself||Episode: "Josh Peck vs. Christina Milian|
|2018||Fuller House||Ben||Episode: "Golden-Toe Fuller"|
|2007||Ice Age 2: The Meltdown||Eddie||Based on the film of the same name|
|2009||Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs|
|2014||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze||Casey Jones|
Awards and nominations
|2005||Independent Spirit Awards||Special Distinction Award||Mean Creek (shared with ensemble)||Won|
|2008||2008 Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite TV Actor||Drake & Josh||Nominated|
|2008 UK Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Male TV Star||Drake & Josh||Won|
|2013||Behind the Voice Actors Award||Best Vocal Ensemble in a Feature Film||Ice Age: Continental Drift||Nominated|
|2014||Behind the Voice Actors Award||Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series - Action/Drama||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Nominated|
|2015||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Web Star: Comedy||Himself||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Viner||Himself||Nominated|
|Behind the Voice Actors Award||Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series - Action/Drama||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Nominated|
|2016||People's Choice Awards||Favorite Actor In A New TV Series||Grandfathered||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Viner||Himself||Nominated|
- "Josh Peck Actor". TV Guide. Archived from the original on June 3, 2016. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Weiss, Geoff (May 15, 2018). "Vlogger/Podcasters David Dobrik And Jason Nash To Kick Off Summer Tour". Tubefilter News. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "Josh Peck leaves 'Drake & Josh' behind". Today. August 3, 2010. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- Peck, Josh [@ItsJoshPeck] (July 13, 2017). "I did one of those DNA tests and the results were.......Jewish. I feel like I didn't need a test for that" (Tweet). Retrieved April 16, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Keck, William (August 25, 2004). "Josh Peck lightens up". USA Today. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "INTERVIEW: Josh Peck Talks Ice Age: The Meltdown". MovieWeb. March 29, 2006. Archived from the original on January 13, 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- Fox, Michael (July 11, 2008). "Young Jewish actor, director give in to Wackness". J. The Jewish News of Northern California. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Syme, Rachel (June 27, 2008). "Who's That: Former Teen Star Josh Peck Mans Up". New York Post. Archived from the original on January 6, 2012. Retrieved August 4, 2010.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Murray, Rebecca. "Scott Mechlowicz, Trevor Morgan and Josh Peck Interview". About.com. Archived from the original on November 18, 2007. Retrieved August 4, 2010.
- Douglas, Edward (January 25, 2008). "Josh Peck on The Wackness". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on July 10, 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- Lakshmin, Deepa (April 26, 2017). "Josh Peck Explains How He Turned His 'Awkward' Nickelodeon Years Into Social Media Gold". MTV News. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- "Drake & Josh: Songs from & Inspired By the Hit TV Series - Various Artists". iTunes Store. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Nickelodeon's 21st Annual Kids' Choice Awards Taps Jack Black to Host, as Hollywood Primes to Meet the Slime, Saturday, March 29" (Press release). Los Angeles, CA: Nickelodeon KCA Press Kit. February 7, 2008. Retrieved July 24, 2016.
- "Grandfathered". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Grandfathered Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "People's Choice Awards 2016: Full List Of Nominees". People's Choice Awards. Archived from the original on November 4, 2015. Retrieved December 6, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 12, 2016). "'Grinder', 'Grandfathered', 'Bordertown' & 'Cooper Barrett' Canceled By Fox After One Season". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (May 2, 2017). "'Pitch' Officially Canceled After One Season at Fox". Variety. Retrieved May 29, 2017.
- "SURPRISING GIRLFRIEND WITH A PUPPY!!". David Dobrik Vlog. Episode 217. December 14, 2016. Event occurs at 3:02. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- Peck, Josh. YouTube, YouTube, July 19, 2017, www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J0Y8iaOSrQ.
- Peck, Josh. YouTube, YouTube, October 24, 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjSANDEJQcw.
- “Curious with Josh Peck by Ramble on Apple Podcasts.” App Store, Publisher: Disney Publishing Worldwide, itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/curious-with-josh-peck/id1378163166?mt=2.
- Quinn, Dave (June 18, 2017). "Drake & Josh Star Josh Peck Marries Paige O'Brien — and John Stamos Was There to Take It All In". People. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Crabtree, Erin (August 23, 2018). "Josh Peck and Wife Paige O'Brien Expecting First Child Together". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Drysdale, Jennifer (August 23, 2018). "Josh Peck and Wife Paige O'Brien Expecting First Child". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Goldstein, Joelle (December 31, 2018). "Drake & Josh Alum Josh Peck and Wife Paige Welcome Son Max Milo". People. Retrieved February 11, 2019.
- "Chronically Metropolitan". 13 Films. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- Gelman, Vlada (August 3, 2018). "TVLine Items: FEUD: Charles and Diana Nixed, Josh Peck Gets Fuller and More". TVLine. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- King, Susan (December 1, 2004). "Independent bids for Spirit Awards". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 23, 2018.
- Allie (March 30, 2008). "Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards – 2008 Winners List – Pictures and Video". Allie is Wired. Archived from the original on July 6, 2014. Retrieved January 13, 2013.
- "Winners And Photos From Inside The 2008 Nickelodeon UK Kids' Choice Awards, Feat Evanna Lynch, Bonnie Wright, Josh Peck, McFly". PopSugar. September 14, 2008. Retrieved January 13, 2013.