Joshua Paul Mankiewicz (born August 27, 1955) is an American journalist, who has been reporting for Dateline NBC since 1995. He has also reported for The Today Show and NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, and Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly. Before moving to NBC, Mankiewicz worked as a producer and reporter for ABC News.
Joshua P. Mankiewicz
|Occupation||NBC News correspondent|
Anh Tu Dang (m. 2016)
Although he has covered a wide variety of stories, he may be best known for his Dateline NBC report on the Atkins Diet. In the piece, he showed his personal progress on the diet, losing upwards of 47 pounds (21 kilograms). In 2006, in addition to his work as a correspondent, he was featured in "The Mank Blog," an irreverent look at what people are talking about online.
Early life and educationEdit
Mankiewicz is the son of Holly (née Jolley) and Frank Mankiewicz. Mankiewicz' father was Robert F. Kennedy's press secretary. His father was Jewish and his mother was raised Mormon. He is the grandson of famed screenwriter Herman Mankiewicz and grand-nephew of screenwriter, producer and director Joseph L. Mankiewicz. He is the older brother of radio personality and Turner Classic Movies prime-time host Ben Mankiewicz. He is also a cousin of screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz. His cousin is filmmaker/television producer Nick Davis.
- Diamond, Jamie (27 May 2016). "One T.S.A. Line Worth the Wait". The New York Times. p. ST12. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
Anh [Tu] Dang and Josh Mankiewicz were married at the Los Angeles home of his friend Mark Thompson, who officiated.
- Katz, A.J. (27 May 2016). "How One Dateline Correspondent Used a Long T.S.A. Line to His Advantage". adweek.com. Adweek, LLC. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
... is perhaps best known for his report on the Atkins Diet.
- "Dateline: 25 Years of Shows, 25 Years of Drama!". trendchaser. 27 August 2016. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
His most popular story though, is probably his profile on the popular low-carb Atkins diet — which he used to lose more than 47 pounds.
- Burns, George (31 March 2006). "Inside Dateline: The 'Mank blog'". NBCNews.com. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
Mankiewicz did another outstanding job on this week's "Mank Blog". I find this feature both interesting and informative with a touch of humor.
- "What Mom taught me... - Inside Dateline". Insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2013-12-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Bonnett, Margie. "Frank Mankiewicz". People.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Ben's Top Pick for December". Turnerclassicmovies.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2013-12-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Haverford College: Department of Anthropology : Welcome". Haverford.edu. Archived from the original on 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-12-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Josh Mankiewicz". TODAY.com. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2013-12-10.