Joshua Paul Mankiewicz (born August 27, 1955) is an American journalist, who has been reporting for Dateline NBC since 1995. He has also reported for The Today Show and NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" and "Sunday Night" with "Megyn Kelly". Before moving to NBC, Mankiewicz worked as a producer and reporter for ABC News.
|Joshua P. Mankiewicz|
August 27, 1955 |
Berkeley, California, United States
|Occupation||NBC News correspondent|
Although he has covered a wide variety of stories, he may be best known for his Dateline NBC report on the Atkins Diet. In the piece, he showed his personal progress on the diet, losing upwards of 47 pounds (21 kilograms). In 2006, in addition to his work as a correspondent, he was featured in "The Mank Blog," an irreverent look at what people are talking about online.
Early life and educationEdit
Mankiewicz is the son of Holly (née Jolley) and Frank Mankiewicz. Mankiewicz' father was Robert F. Kennedy's press secretary. His father was Jewish and his mother was raised Mormon. He is the grandson of famed screenwriter Herman Mankiewicz and grand-nephew of screenwriter, producer and director Joseph L. Mankiewicz. He is the older brother of radio personality and Turner Classic Movies weekend host Ben Mankiewicz. He is also a cousin of screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz. His cousin is filmmaker/television producer Nick Davis.
- "What Mom taught me... - Inside Dateline". Insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- Bonnett, Margie. "Frank Mankiewicz". People.com. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Ben's Top Pick for December". Turnerclassicmovies.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Haverford College: Department of Anthropology : Welcome". Haverford.edu. Archived from the original on 2013-10-22. Retrieved 2013-12-10.
- "Josh Mankiewicz". TODAY.com. 2012-07-13. Retrieved 2013-12-10.