Josh Boyce (born May 6, 1991) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at TCU.
|Born:||May 6, 1991|
Columbia, South Carolina
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Copperas Cove|
(Copperas Cove, Texas)
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 102|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
A native of Copperas Cove, Texas, Josh Boyce attended Copperas Cove High School. He played high school football for the Copperas Cove Bulldawgs, with Robert Griffin III under center. He was named an honorable-mention all-state his senior year, after recording 42 receptions for 837 yards, and was instrumental in Copperas Cove's 13-2 season. He played for the A&T Bears in Copperas Cove, leading them to back to back championship games.
In addition to football,Josh Boyce was also on the school's track & field team. He recorded a personal-best time of 11.47 seconds in the 100 meters, He was also a member of the 4 × 100 m (42.60) and 4 × 200 m (1:28.74) relay squads.
Josh Boyce attended Texas Christian University, where he played for the TCU Horned Frogs football team from 2009 to 2012. During his college career, he started 33 of 39 games in which he appeared, and caught 161 passes for 2,535 receiving yards and 22 touchdowns. In TCU's football history, he ranks second in touchdown receptions, third in receiving yards, and fourth in total receptions.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in
|4.38 s||1.54 s||2.51 s||4.10 s||6.68 s||34 in
|10 ft 11 in
|All values from NFL Combine.|
New England PatriotsEdit
Josh Boyce was drafted with a toe injury and did not participate in the Patriots' rookies-only training camp in early May. On May 24, the Patriots signed Boyce to his rookie deal worth $2.367 million over four years. Josh Boyce only recorded nine receptions during his rookie year before being placed on injured reserve. Josh Boyce was waived by the Patriots on August 30, 2014 as part of final roster cuts, then signed to New England's practice squad the next day. After spending most of the 2014 season on the Patriots' practice squad, Josh Boyce was called up from the practice squad on December 27 after Alfonzo Dennard was placed on season-ending injured reserve. Josh Boyce was on the Patriots roster for their win over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX but was inactive. On August 31, 2015 Josh Boyce was waived by the Patriots and after clearing waivers was placed on the injury reserve list.
Josh Boyce was signed by the Cleveland Browns on August 21, 2016. On August 29, 2016,Josh Boyce was waived by the Browns. On September 14, 2016, he was re-signed to the Browns' practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Browns on January 2, 2017. He was released on September 1, 2017 during roster cutdowns.
- "Boyce Rotoworld Profile". rotoworld.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 10, 2014. Retrieved August 31, 2016.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Josh Boyce Bio - TCU Horned Frogs Official Athletic Site
- 2013 NFL Draft: Patriots Select WR Josh Boyce - Pats Pulpit
- Joyce Boyce-TCU WR-2013
- Howe, Jeff. "Josh Boyce sitting out again".
- Howe, Jeff. "Patriots Sign Josh Boyce".
- Christopher Price [@cpriceNFL] (August 31, 2014). "Per @MikeReiss and @FieldYates, Josh Boyce has cleared waivers. Can be signed to psquad" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Orr, Conor (August 21, 2016). "Cleveland Browns sign wideout Josh Boyce". nfl.com. Retrieved August 21, 2016.
- "Browns reduce roster to 76". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- "Browns sign WR Josh Boyce to practice squad". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- "Browns sign 8 to reserve/future list". ClevelandBrowns.com. January 2, 2017.
- "Browns reduce roster to 65". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 1, 2017.