Josh Bates (speedway rider)
Josh Bates (born 1 February 1996) is a British speedway rider.
|Born||1 February 1996|
|Current club information|
|British league||Leicester Lions|
|2012–2014||Mildenhall Fen Tigers|
|2014, 2017, 2019–||Leicester Lions|
|Speedway Grand Prix statistics|
|2014, 2016||British Under-21 Champion|
|2015||British Under-19 Champion|
|2012||National League KO Cup|
|2012||National League Trophy|
Born in Barnsley, Bates had never been on any type of motorbike until the beginning of 2010, when he got his first 125cc speedway bike. After a few months of practicing on this he was ready for a 250cc, which he got in June 2010. After a few more months of practice he entered the 2011 250cc British Championship, where he finished 4th overall. As well as competing in the British championship he rode in the amateur summer championship at Scunthorpe which he won and he also competed in the 250cc world championship in Sweden. In January 2012 he started riding a 500cc for the first time, soon after he was offered a team place by the Fen Tigers.
In 2013 he was signed by Scunthorpe Scorpions to ride in the Premier League.
- "Josh Bates". Mildenhallfentigers.co. 1 February 1996. Archived from the original on 16 January 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Speedway: Mildenhall rider Josh Bates has suspected broken arm", BBC, 28 August 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013
- "Mildenhall Fen Tigers celebrate win", itv.com, 31 October 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2013
- "Bates Gets Scorpions Call", speedwaygb.co, 7 February 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013
- "Bates Takes U21 Title", speedwaygb.co, 16 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014