Josh (TV series)
Josh is a British television sitcom about three young adults who share a flat near Holloway Road in North London. The series was created by and stars Josh Widdicombe. A pilot episode aired in 2014 as part of the BBC "Comedy Feeds", and a full six-episode series aired from 11 November to 16 December 2015 on BBC Three. A second series of Josh was released from 22 September 2016 on Three's now online-only channel. The day that the final episode of series two aired on BBC One, the BBC announced it had commissioned a third series, which was released on 2 October 2017.
|Created by||Josh Widdicombe|
|Written by||Josh Widdicombe|
|Directed by||David Schneider|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||19 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Stephen McCrumb|
|Running time||25-28 minutes|
|Original network||BBC Three / BBC One|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||29 August 2014 (pilot)|
11 November 2015 –
In their review of Josh, The Independent commented that there was "nothing original or remarkable about the set-up - or much of the script - but there's promising chemistry between its stars." They said that the main actors were far too old to be convincing 20-something university pals. However, they singled out Edmondson as "very watchable", saying her "comic timing stuck out".
Chortle said "the comedy, which returns to BBC Three tomorrow despite a tepid critical response last year, is technically competent and adheres to all the rules of the genre: the scenes are tight and each line works towards a gag. But it’s also bland, lacking a strong personality or deeper purpose other than to deliver contrived lines. Nothing much has changed since the first series".
A DVD set containing the episodes of the first series was released on 5 September 2016. A second series DVD set was made available on 31 October 2016. A third series DVD set was made available on 13 November 2017.
- s2 e5
- "Josh". BBC Three. BBC. December 2015.
- "Josh". BBC Media Centre. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "BBC Three sitcom Josh commissioned for a third series". Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- Leel, Veronica (12 November 2015). "Josh, BBC Three". The Arts Desk. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Newall, Sally (11 November 2015). "Josh, TV review: Beattie Edmondson's comic timing stuck out". The Independent. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- Wollaston, Sam (19 November 2015). "Toast of London review: not as well done as it was, but Toast is still delicious". theguardian.com. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Josh - Series 1 DVD". Amazon. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Josh - Series 2 DVD". Amazon. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Josh - Series 3 DVD". Amazon. Retrieved 14 November 2017.