Noteboom with the Rams in 2018
|No. 70 – Los Angeles Rams|
|Born:||June 19, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||321 lb (146 kg)|
|High school:||Plano (Plano, Texas)|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 89|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Early Life & CareerEdit
Noteboom was born in Plano, Texas. He attended Plano Senior High School, where he played football and high school ice hockey. He verbally committed to Texas Christian University in the summer before his senior year at Plano, during which he earned All-District honors for the Wildcats.
At TCU, Noteboom redshirted in his first season on campus in Fort Worth and played in 13 games as a reserve in 2014. He became the Horned Frogs' starting right tackle as a sophomore in 2015 before shifting to left tackle for his junior and senior seasons. His final collegiate game, his 40th consecutive start, was a win over Stanford in the 2017 Alamo Bowl.
On January 4, 2018, it was announced that Noteboom had accepted his invitation to play in the Senior Bowl. He impressed scouts and analysts by showcasing his versatility and athleticism during Senior Bowl practices which helped raise his draft stock. On January 27, 2018, Noteboom played in the 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl and was part of Houston Texans' head coach Bill O'Brien's South team that defeated Denver Broncos' head coach Vance Joseph's North team 45–16. Noteboom attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and completed all of the combine and positional drills. His combine performance was widely considered a success among scouts due to his 40-yard dash time and displays of agility.
|Joseph Noteboom's NFL Combine Workout|
|Joseph Noteboom's 40-yard dash|
On March 30, 2018, Noteboom participated at TCU's pro day, but opted to stand on his combine numbers and only performed positional drills. He attended a private visits and workouts with the Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Noteboom was projected to be a third round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the seventh best offensive tackle in the draft by Scouts Inc., was ranked the eighth best offensive tackle by DraftScout.com, and was ranked the 12th best offensive tackle in the draft by Sports Illustrated.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in
|34 3⁄8 in
|9 5⁄8 in
|4.96 s||1.71 s||2.88 s||4.44 s||7.65 s||24 in
|8 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Draft|
|Rams draft Noteboom 89th overall|
|NFL Draft Profile: Joseph Noteboom|
- "Joseph Noteboom". 247Sports.com. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "No. 13 TCU and Hill rally to beat No. 15 Stanford 39-37". espn.com. December 29, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "Stanford's Phillips, seven others added to roster". seniorbowl.com. January 4, 2018. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Stefan Stevenson (January 25, 2018). "TCU mainstay aims to make mark on NFL scouts at Senior Bowl". star-telegram.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Klein, Gary (April 27, 2018). "Rams' first draft pick Joseph Noteboom relishes his role as apprentice". latimes.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Larrabee, Kirk (March 6, 2018). "Kansas City Chiefs pre-draft visit tracker". 247sports.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "Joseph Noteboom, DS #8 OT, Texas Christian". draftscout.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "NFL Joseph Noteboom-ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "The 2018 NFL Draft Big Board, Vol. 2". si.com. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Prospect Profile - Joseph Noteboom". nfl.com. March 1, 2018. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "Texas Christian OT Joseph Noteboom : 2018 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- "Los Angeles Rams select TCU OT Joseph Noteboom". TurfShowTimes.com. April 27, 2018. Retrieved June 10, 2018.
- "Spotrac.com: Joseph Noteboom contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.