Joseph Eve, Certified Public Accountants
Wipfli/Joseph Eve, Certified Public Accountants is an American public accounting firm with approximately 70 employees practicing in 28 states. The firm is unique in that it focuses on the specialty niche of tribal accounting, which accounts for about 95% of its business, and holds about 60 of the US 290 Indian Tribes as clients. On October 1, 2017, Joseph Eve merged with Milwaukee-based Wipfli, one of the top 20 accounting and business consulting firms in the United States.
|No. of offices||4|
|No. of employees||70|
|Major practice areas||Tribal Accounting, Gaming Accounting, Governmental Accounting and related Auditing|
|Key people||Joseph Eve, Todd Timboe, Tiffany Madden, Grant Eve (partners)|
|Slogan||The Tribal Solutions Provider|
The firm has taken part in events such as testimony about online gaming before the United States Senate Committee on Indian Affairs. In particular, Daniel Akaka, United States Senator representing Hawaiʻi, has shown interest in topics such as Indian and Internet Gaming, and has held oversight meetings with Joseph Eve's partner Grant Eve as an expert witness in the oversight hearing on the future of internet gaming and what is at stake for tribes in November 2011. The National Indian Gaming Association's whitepapers on internet gaming is prepared primarily by the firm, and the firm has continued to be involved in Indian gaming accounting technology development and tribal accounting issues, such as the Rosebud Sioux Casino case and state online lottery accounting. In August 2012, Joseph Eve partner Grant Eve and Consultant Ehren Richardson was chosen to speak before the National Indian Gaming Association Subcommittee on Internet gaming, in which he stressed that "Internet Gaming is here"; and pointed out facts such as Facebook UK launching iGaming slots and MGM Resorts launching MyVegas on Facebook.
Although the firm began with governmental auditing, the firm has been heavily involved in accounting issues surrounding the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, which sparked demand for auditing services and outlines rules for tribal gaming operations. In July 2012, Joseph Eve made a presentation at the Great Plains Conference regarding the Department of Justice 2011 notice that clarified state online lotteries were not prohibited.
- Kimball, Nancy. "Tribal Focus Underlies Firm's Mission". The Daily Interlake.
- Rosen, Cheryl (June 2007). "Place A Bet On Gaming". Journal of Accountancy.
- Lawrence, Bill (2001). "White Earth Casino Audits Made Public". The Ojibwe News. Archived from the original on 2013-06-01.
- "Montana-based firm JOSEPH EVE joins Wipfli". www.wipfli.com. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- Jones, Michael. "Congress Holds Online Gaming, Poker Hearing".
- "The Future Of Internet Gaming". Hearing Before The United States Senate Committee On Indian Affairs 112th Congress First Session. 17 November 2007.
- Stradbrooke, Steven. "Senate Indian Affairs Committee Hears Tribal Concerns Over Tribal Gaming". Calvin Ayre Foundation.
- "Indian Affairs Hearing Reveals Tribes Oppose Barton Bill and Split on Legalization". COMPNCARDS.
- "Oversight Hearingon the Future of Internet Gaming: What's at Stake for Tribes". Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- Akaka, Daniel. "Indian Affairs Oversight Hearing On Indian Gaming". United States Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.
- "National Indian Gaming Association 2011 report" (PDF). National Indian Gaming Association. Mohegan Sun. 2011.
- "Joseph Eve Launches Tribal Internet Gaming Consulting Group" (PDF). Indian Gaming. May 2011.
- "Joseph Eve Launches Tribal Financing And Accounting Outsourcing Practice" (PDF). Indian Gaming. April 2011.
- Abernathy, Jason. "Rosebud Sioux Gaming Keeps On Turning". Native Sun News.
- Richardson, Ehren (April 2011). "US Indicts Poker Website Operators And Creates Opportunities For Tribal Gaming" (PDF). iGaming Business magazine.
- "Igaming Regulation In Canada". Canadian Gaming Business.
- "Tribal Leaders Continue Internet Gaming Dialogue at Mystic Lake Casino". Indian Gaming Weekly. August 22, 2012.
- Red-Horse, Valerie (July 2012). "Internet Gaming Explored At Great Plains conference". Casino Enterprise Magazine.
- "16th Annual Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association" (PDF). Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association.
- Whitley, John (May 2007). "In Depth: Profits Give Tribes Political, Financial Power". Casino City Times.
- Larcombe, James E. "Focus on tribal clients helps expansion". Great Falls Tribune.
- Red Horse, Valerie (2 July 2012). "Internet Gaming Explored at Great Plains Conference". Casino Enterprise Management. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "NEWave Brings Award-Winning Software Solutions to Southern Gaming Summit/Bingo World". Marketwire.