Josep Maria Colomer Calsina is a political scientist and economist, author of numerous publications with comparative and theoretical studies.
His research topics include democratization, forms of government, electoral systems and voting rules, political institutions and institutional change, European politics, and global institutions.
He is a member by election of the Academia Europaea, was a founding member of the Spanish Political Science Association (AECPA), and has been awarded life membership to the American Political Science Association and the Mexican Association of Political Sciences.
- Democracy and Globalization: Anger, Fear, and Hope. Routledge.
- The Spanish Frustration: How a ruinous empire thwarted the nation-state. Anthem Press.
- The Science of Politics: An Introduction. Oxford University Press.
- How Global Institutions Rule the World. Palgrave-Macmillan.
- Personal Representation: The neglected dimension of electoral systems. ECPR Press.
- Comparative European Politics. 3rd edition. Routledge.
- Great Empires, Small Nations. The uncertain future of the sovereign state. Routledge.
- Political Institutions. Democracy and' Social Choice Oxford University Press.
- Handbook of Electoral System Choice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Strategic Transitions. Game Theory and Democratization Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Game Theory and the Transition to Democracy: The Spanish model. Edward Elgar.
- "Democracy-and-Globalization-Anger-Fear-and-Hope - Routledge". Routledge.com.
- "The Spanish Frustration". anthempress.com.
- "The Science of Politics - Paperback - Josep M. Colomer - Oxford University Press". global.oup.com.
- "How Global Institutions Rule the World | Josep M Colomer | Palgrave Macmillan" – via www.palgrave.com.
- "Personal Reprentation". Rowman & Littlefield International.
- "Comparative European Politics: 3rd Edition (Paperback) - Routledge". Routledge.com.
- "Great Empires, Small Nations: The Uncertain Future of the Sovereign State, 1st Edition (e-Book) - Routledge". Routledge.com.
- "Political Institutions: Democracy and Social Choice". Oxford University Press. May 15, 2003.
- "The Handbook of Electoral System Choice | J. Colomer | Palgrave Macmillan" – via www.palgrave.com.