José Folgado Blanco (3 April 1944 – 23 March 2020) was a Spanish businessman, economist and politician.
|Mayor of Tres Cantos|
|Deputy of Congress|
|Born||3 April 1944|
Morales del Rey, Castile and León, Spain
|Died||23 March 2020 (aged 75)|
|Cause of death||COVID-19|
|Political party||People's Party|
He was a member of the People's Party. He served as president of Red Eléctrica de España from 2012 to 2018; as Deputy of Congress in 2000 and from 2004 to 2008, representing Zamora; as mayor of Tres Cantos from 2007 to 2012.
Folgado also was Secretary of State for Budgets and Expenses between 1996 and 2000; for Economy, Energy and SMEs between 2000 and 2002; and for Energy, Industrial Development and SMEs since 2002 until 2004.
- VII Legislatura. Folgado Blanco, José (in Spanish)
- VIII Legislatura. Folgado Blanco, José(in Spanish)
- Muere por coronavirus José Folgado, exsecretario de Estado y expresidente de Red Eléctrica (in Spanish)
- CV de José Folagado. REE (in Spanish)
- Muere el ex-presidente de Red Eléctrica José Folgado por coronavirus (in Spanish)
- Real Decreto 1158/2004, de 7 de mayo, por el que se concede la Gran Cruz de la Orden de Isabel la Católica a don José Folgado Blanco. (in Spanish)