|Full name||Jorge Carlos Ledesma|
|Born||14 September 1932|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Died||12 October 2001 (aged 69)|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Residence||Mar del Plata|
|Best results in major championships|
|Masters Tournament||CUT: 1963|
|The Open Championship||DNP|
Ledesma is known as one of the best amateur golfers in Argentina, being one of only 11 Argentinian golfers, and along with Juan Segura, the only two amateurs, to have played in the Masters Tournament. He also played in the U.S. Amateur.
Ledesma was born in Buenos Aires in 1932. He was raised in Mar del Plata, and developed his golfing skills at the Mar del Plata Golf Club beginning at age eight. He won the Argentine Open in 1963 ahead of Roberto De Vicenzo, and came in third the following year, while he also claimed the amateur title at the tournament on nine occasions between 1955 and 1976, including five in a row from 1960. He won Argentine Amateur Championship three times, in 1959, 1966 and 1967, and also finished second in 1962, 1963, and 1974.
Ledesma died in Buenos Aires in 2001, at age 69.
Amateur wins (52)Edit
- 1952 Gordon Kenneth Cup
- 1955 Amateur Argentine Open, South Open
- 1956 Viña del Mar Open (Chile), South Open, Gordon Kenneth Cup, Gold Cup Uruguay
- 1957 Amateur Argentine Open, Gold Cup Uruguay
- 1959 Argentine Amateur Championship
- 1960 Amateur Argentine Open, Raul Lottero Cup, South Open
- 1961 Amateur Argentine Open, Abierto del Litoral, South Open
- 1962 Amateur Argentine Open, Raul Lottero Cup, Gordon Kenneth Cup, Argentine Masters
- 1963 Amateur Argentine Open, South Open, Gordon Kenneth Cup, Chile Amateur Open
- 1964 Amateur Argentine Open, North Open, South Open, Gordon Kenneth Cup
- 1965 North Open, Raul Lottero Cup, Gordon Kenneth Cup
- 1966 Porto Alegre Open (Brazil), Raul Lottero Cup, Argentine Amateur Championship, Gordon Kenneth Cup
- 1967 Amateur Argentine Open, Porto Alegre Open (Brazil), Argentine Amateur Championship, Gordon Kenneth Cup, Argentine Masters, Brazil Amateur Open
- 1968 North Open, Raul Lottero Cup, South Open, Gordon Kenneth Cup
- 1970 South Open
- 1971 Raul Lottero Cup
- 1972 South Open
- 1973 Raul Lottero Cup
- 1974 Ledesma-Segura Cup
- 1976 Amateur Argentine Open
- 1980 Ledesma-Segura Cup
Professional wins (2)Edit
- 1956 Viña del Mar Open (Chile)
- 1963 Argentine Open
* Both wins achieved as an amateur.
- Eisenhower Trophy (7): 1958, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1968, 1970, 1974
- South American Cup (Los Andes Cup) (15): 1955(w), 1956(w), 1957(w), 1959(w), 1961(runner up), 1962(w), 1963(runner up), 1964(runner up), 1965(w), 1966(w), 1967(w), 1968, 1969(w), 1973(w), 1979
- Vigil Cup (Argentina): 1959-1982, team winner (10): 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1970, 1978, 1980, individual winner (5): 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1967.
- Brenner, Morgan G.The majors of golf p543
- Golf club sees future in nurturing its caddies
- "Jorge Ledesma, campeón del Abierto de la República de 1963".
- El 104° Abierto de la República, historia y tradición en el golf mundial Archived 2011-07-06 at the Wayback Machine
- "Adiós a un Jorge Ledesma". La Capital.
- Eisenhower Trophy record