William Jordan Gillis is the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment (ASA IE&E). He served as the Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment from 16 October 2017 until January 10, 2019.
He served as a field artillery officer in the U.S. Army at posts including Fort Stewart, Georgia and Ar Ramadi, Iraq. His awards include the Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart, Army Commendation Medal, and Army Achievement Medal (7th award).
Gillis was a Director in the Energy Practice at ScottMadden, a general management consulting firm. His consulting experience focused on work for electric utility clients across North America in areas such as mergers and acquisition integration, business plan development, operational assessments, organization design and staffing, and implementation of departmental and corporate strategy. He also served on the board of Georgia Public Broadcasting and was an active scouting volunteer.
Gillis is married and has two children.
- Official ASA (IE&E) "About" page
- Mr. Jordan Gillis, Dept. of the Army Bio
- Senior Executive Service Announcements, Oct. 17, 2017
- Army Leadership Update, Jan. 11, 2019
- ScottMadden’s Nuclear Plant Recovery Series: Markers of Plant Performance Decline
- "BUCKHEAD POWER COUPLE: Leigh Ann and Jordan Gillis"