|Traded as||NYSE: JLL|
S&P 400 Component
1999 by the merger of Jones Lang Wootton and LaSalle Partners
Chicago, Illinois, USA
|Sheila A. Penrose, Chairman|
Christian Ulbrich, President & CEO
Stephanie Plaines, CFO
DeAnne Julius, Independent Non-Executive Director
Roger Staubach, Executive Chairman, Americas and Director
Real estate development
LaSalle Investment Management
|Revenue||$16.318 billion (2018)|
|$0.491 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||$10.025 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$3.6915 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||LaSalle Investment Management|
|Footnotes / references|
The company provides the following services:
|Service Line||% of 2018 Revenues|
|Real estate development services||16%|
|LaSalle Investment Management||3%|
The company's headquarters are located in the Aon Center in Chicago, with an operational remit covering the Americas regional market. Regional headquarters are in London (covering the Europe, the Middle East and Africa markets), Singapore (covering the Asia Pacific market) and Moscow (covering Russia and the CIS markets). The company has over 300 offices worldwide in 80 countries.
The company dates back to 1783, when Richard Winstanley set up an auctioneer firm on Paternoster Row in London. In 1840, the grandson of the founder, James Winstanley, formed a partnership with James Jones. Jones passed the business to his son, Frederick Jones, who renamed the company Frederick Jones and Co. In 1872, Frederick Jones retired and his partner, C.A. Lang, renamed the company Jones Lang and Co.
In 1939, the company merged with Wootton & Son to form Jones Lang Wooton (JLW) & Sons.
In 1975, the company opened its first office in the United States in New York.
In 1968, a small group of investors launched IDC Real Estate in El Paso, Texas. In 1972, the company moved to Chicago. In 1977, the company, led by William D. Sanders, changed its named to LaSalle Partners. In 1997, LaSalle Partners became a public company via an initial public offering.
In 2007, the company acquired the Indian operations of the former Trammell Crow Meghraj.
In March 2011, the company acquired Keystone Partners.
In November 2015, the company acquired Guardian Property Asset Management.
In July 2016, the company acquired BRG, a workplace technology firm.
In August 2018, the company acquired Northwest Atlantic of Canada.
- "Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated 2018 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Fortune 500: Jones Lang LaSalle". Fortune.
- "JLL named one of 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies® for 12th year" (Press release). PR Newswire. February 27, 2019.
- "Lasalle: History". LaSalle Investment Management.
- Saul, Stephanie (October 29, 2018). "Beto O'Rourke Once Supported an El Paso Real Estate Deal. Barrio Residents Remember". The New York Times.
- "LaSalle Partners Inc. of Chicago and Jones..." Chicago Tribune. March 16, 1999.
- Ko, Kenneth (October 23, 1998). "JLW merger with LaSalle Partners to create global real-estate giant". South China Morning Post.
- Robson, Douglas (July 11, 1999). "Binging Kennedy-Wilson buys up JLW California". American City Business Journals.
- "Jones Lang LaSalle and the Former Trammell Crow Meghraj Reach Agreement to Merge India Operations" (Press release). Business Wire. June 12, 2007.
- Johnson, Ben (June 18, 2008). "Jones Lang LaSalle Acquires Staubach Co., Boosts Tenant Rep Platform". National Real Estate Investor.
- Fruehling, Douglas (June 16, 2008). "Jones Lang LaSalle and Staubach Co. announce merger". American City Business Journals.
- Manor, Robert (June 17, 2008). "Jones Lang to acquire Staubach". Chicago Tribune.
- Boye, Will (March 22, 2011). "Keystone Partners merges with Jones Lang LaSalle". American City Business Journals.
- Packard, Simon (May 27, 2011). "Jones Lang LaSalle Buys King Sturge to Overtake Competitors in U.K. Market". Bloomberg News.
- Ruddick, Graham (May 27, 2011). "Jones Lang LaSalle merges with King Sturge to become UK's biggest property agent". The Daily Telegraph.
- "JLL moving into residential property with Guardian acquisition". The Irish Times. November 12, 2015.
- "JLL Completes Acquisition of Leading Workplace Technology and Management Firm BRG" (Press release). Marketwatch. July 5, 2016.
- "JLL acquires Northwest Atlantic in Canada" (Press release). PR Newswire. August 2, 2018.
- "JLL to Accelerate Growth in Capital Markets Business Through Acquisition of HFF" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 19, 2019.