Jonathan Wright (rugby league)
Jonathan Wright (born 8 March 1987) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who most recently played for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles in the National Rugby League. He primarily played centre and wing.
|Born||8 March 1987|
Gilgandra, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||98 kg (15 st 6 lb)|
Wright was born in Gilgandra, New South Wales, Australia.
He played for the Knights' Jersey Flegg team, playing in their 2006 Grand Final before being signed by the Parramatta Eels. He played for the Eels' NSW Cup reserve-grade team. In round 13 of the 2009 NRL season he made his NRL debut for the Eels against his former team, the Newcastle Knights. He played 4 more games in the Eels' run to the 2009 NRL Grand Final before signing a 2-year contract with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
He was released by the Warriors at the end of the 2016 season. Wright signed with the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles for the 2017 NRL season. In October 2016, Wright played for the Redfern All Blacks in the NSW Koori Knockout tournament.
In August 2018, it was announced that Wright would be retiring at the end of the 2018 season.
- Jonathan Wright rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Cronulla Sharks snare Jonathan Wright from the Bulldogs". The Sunday Telegraph. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Vodafone Warriors sign Wright". NZ Warriors official site. 2 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Warriors release Sydney-bound Townsend". 3News NZ. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "League: D-Day looming for McFadden". 11 September 2016 – via New Zealand Herald.
- "Aboriginal Rugby League Knockout: Celebrations as Redfern win Koori football tournament - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. 3 October 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.