Jonathan George Boston ONZM (born 1957) is a New Zealand academic and professor of policy studies at the Victoria University of Wellington School of Government.
|Born||1957 (age 65–66)|
|Thesis||The theory and practice of voluntary incomes policies with particular reference to the British Labour government's social contract, 1974–79 (1984)|
|Doctoral advisor||Jim Sharpe|
Boston got his MA from the University of Canterbury and his DPhil from the University of Oxford.
He was the co-chair of the Expert Advisory Group on Solutions to Child Poverty, and has written extensively on climate change policy.
In the 2021 New Year Honours, Boston was appointed an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit, for services to public and social policy.
- Boston, Jonathan, John Martin, June Pallot, and Pat Walsh. Public management: the New Zealand model. Auckland: Oxford University Press, 1996.
- Boston, Jonathan, John Martin, June Pallot, and Pat Walsh. "Reshaping the state: New Zealand’s bureaucratic revolution." Victoria University of Wellington Print (1991).
- Boston, Jonathan. "The theoretical underpinnings of public sector restructuring in New Zealand." Reshaping the state (1991): 1-26.
- Boston, Jonathan. The state under contract. Paul & Company Pub Consortium, 1995.
- ^ a b "Jonathan Boston". Victoria University of Wellington.
- ^ "Jonathan Boston". Victoria University of Wellington. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- ^ Boston, Jonathan (8 October 2012). "Jonathan Boston: Three myths about child poverty". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- ^ "New Year honours list 2021". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 31 December 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- Staff page at Victoria University of Wellington
- Author page at Bridget William Books
- LinkedIn profile