John van den Brom
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John van den Brom (born 4 October 1966) is a former professional footballer and manager of Dutch Eredivisie side AZ. As a player, he played for Vitesse, Ajax, De Graafschap and Istanbulspor. After his playing career, Van den Brom became a manager. He worked as a head coach for AGOVV Apeldoorn (2007–2010), ADO Den Haag (2010–2011), Vitesse (2011–2012) and Anderlecht (2012–2014). As of 30 September 2014 he is head coach for AZ.
Van den Brom in September 2016
|Full name||Joseph Anthonius van den Brom|
|Date of birth||4 October 1966|
|Place of birth||Amersfoort, Netherlands|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|AFC Quick 1890|
|2010–2011||ADO Den Haag|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Amersfoort, Netherlands, Van den Brom started his career at the amateurs of APWC in Amersfoort before signing as a professional footballer for Vitesse in 1986. After seven seasons with Vitesse, playing 225 games and scoring 80 goals, he made the move to Dutch giants Ajax, where he played for two seasons before moving abroad with Turkish side Istanbulspor. He returned to Vitesse after one season, and spent another five seasons there before signing for De Graafschap for his final season, retiring from playing in 2003.
After his playing career he became head scout of De Graafschap and head coach of amateur side Bennekom, before becoming coach of the second team at Ajax, on 29 April 2004. From 2007 to 2010 he served as head coach of small Eerste Divisie club AGOVV Apeldoorn with impressive results, also winning a place in the promotion playoffs in his last season in charge. In May 2010 he was presented as new head coach of Eredivisie club ADO Den Haag, with whom he qualified for the 2011–12 Europa League. In June 2011, Van den Brom was named as head coach of his old club Vitesse. Again, he managed to qualify for the Europa League.
- As of match played 15 May 2019
|AGOVV Apeldoorn||1 July 2007||30 June 2010||120||45||22||53||37.50|
|Den Haag||1 July 2010||29 June 2011||40||20||7||13||50.00|
|Vitesse||1 July 2011||30 May 2012||42||20||9||13||47.62|
|Anderlecht||30 May 2012||9 April 2014||98||54||18||26||55.10|
|AZ Alkmaar||29 September 2014||Present||216||116||41||59||53.70|
ADO Den Haag
- "Van den Brom en Van Vossen akkoord met Istanbulspor" (in Dutch). De Volkskrant (15 June 1995). Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- John van den Brom. Voetbalstats.nl Retrieved on 28 November 2016
- De roots van Van den Brom - RTVNH ‹See Tfd›(in Dutch)
- "Van den Brom nieuwe hoofdtrainer" (in Dutch). ADO Den Haag. 29 May 2010. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "John van den Brom toch trainer van Vitesse" (in Dutch). NRC. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "John van den Brom toch naar Anderlecht" (in Dutch). De Gelderlander. 29 May 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- Van den Brom nieuwe trainer AZ (Dutch)
- John van den Brom at National-Football-Teams.com