John Rush (Canadian football)
John Rush (born October 23, 1993) is a professional Canadian football fullback for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was signed as a free agent on November 30, 2015 by the Blue Bombers after going unselected in the 2015 CFL Draft.
|No. 32 Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|Born:||October 23, 1993|
Niagara Falls, Ontario
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||227 lb (103 kg)|
|High school||Saint Michael Catholic|
|CFL draft||2015 / Undrafted|
|2016||Winnipeg Blue Bombers*|
|2017–present||Winnipeg Blue Bombers|
|*Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
Rush played CIS football at linebacker for the Guelph Gryphons from 2011 to 2015 where he won the Presidents' Trophy in his final year as university football's best defensive player. He attended training camp with the Blue Bombers in 2016, but was part of the team's final cuts that year. Having exhausted his college eligibility, he played for the Canadian Junior Football League's Hamilton Hurricanes in 2016. Following that year focusing on special teams play, he was re-signed by the Blue Bombers on December 13, 2016.
- "2015 CFL transactions". cfl.ca. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "Bombers sign linebacker John Rush, punter Pavlopoulos". winnipegfreepress.com. December 1, 2015.
- "2015 CFL Draft Guide" (PDF). vaniercollege.qc.ca. Canadian Football League. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "Guelph Gryphons football roster – John Rush". gryphons.ca. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "John Rush joins the Blue Bombers". gryphonfootball.com. Retrieved November 23, 2019.
- "Bombers Add Warden, Rush, Tennant To Roster". bluebombers.com. December 13, 2016.
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football fullback is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|