John Macdonell (judge)
- A Survey of Political Economy. Edinburgh: Edmonston and Douglas. 1871. Retrieved 27 February 2019 – via Internet Archive.
- The Land Question; with particular reference to England and Scotland. London: Macmillan. 1873 – via HathiTrust.
- The Law of Master and Servant, 1883
- Macdonell, John; Manson, Edward William Donoghue, eds. (1913). Great Jurists of the World. London: John Murray. Retrieved 10 February 2019 – via Internet Archive.; 1914 edition, Boston: Little, Brown & Co.
- Law and Eugenics, 1916
- Historical Trials OUP, 1927; republished in 1931, 1933, 1936 as #23 in Thinker's Library
- Fillebrown, Charles Bowdoin. The Principles of Natural Taxation. Chicago: A. C. McClurg & co., 1917. Page 23.
- "MACDONELL, Sir John". Who's Who. Vol. 59. 1907. p. 1117.
- Macdonell, John (1922). Lee, Robert Warden (ed.). Historical Trials; with a Preface by the Right Hon. Lord Shaw of Dunfermline (1st ed.). Oxford: At the Clarendon Press. pp. vii–ix. Retrieved 10 February 2019 – via Internet Archive.
- "Death of Lady Macdonell". The Times (43865). 21 January 1925. p. 16.
- "Review of A Survey of Political Economy by John Macdonell and The Theory of Political Economy by Prof. Stanley Jevons". The Athenaeum (2297): 589–590. 4 November 1871.
- Works written by or about John Macdonell at Wikisource
- Sir John Macdonell, National Portrait Gallery, London
- Works by or about John Macdonell at Internet Archive
James Robert Mellor
| King's Remembrancer
Sir Thomas Chitty, 1st Baronet