This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
John Richard Krueger (March 14,1927 – February 7, 2018) was a professor at Indiana University, specialized in studies of Chuvash and Yakut, and Mongolian languages. His approximately 20 books are the standard works, each held in about one hundred United States research libraries. One of his most important contributions is that he translated numerous non-English sources and books into English, such as György Kara's Books of the Mongolian nomads : more than eight centuries of writing Mongolian.
- Books of the Mongolian nomads : more than eight centuries of writing Mongolian by György Kara & Translated by John Richard Krueger. Bloomington, IN : Indiana University, Research Institute for Inner Asian Studies, 2005. ISBN 0-933070-52-7
- "The Turkic peoples; selected Russian entries from the Great Soviet Encyclopedia," transl. & ed. by John Richard Krueger. Bloomington, Indiana University, 1963. OCLC: 1090886 .
- Mongolian epigraphical dictionary in reverse listing, by John Richard Krueger. Bloomington, Indiana University  OCLC: 1920922
- The Uralic and Altaic series: an analytical index, including a complete index to Keleti szemle by John Richard Krueger Bloomington, Indiana University 
- Chuvash Manual: introduction, grammar, reader and vocabulary. by John Richard Krueger. Bloomington, Indiana University, 1961. by John Krueger Indiana University Publications, 1961 OCLC: 4063591
- Yakut Manual: Area Handbook, Grammar, Graded Reader and Glossary JR Krueger - 1962 - Indiana University
- Tuvan manual. JR Krueger - 1977 - Indiana Univ.
- The Structure of the Turkic Languages Indiana University publications. Uralic & Altaic series. K Grønbech, JR Krueger - 1979 .
- Brief remarks on the grammar of the Finnish language by D E Milanova & John R Krueger. New York : Dolphin Service, 1952
- An introduction to classical (literary) Mongolian : introd., grammar, reader, glossary by Kaare Grønbech & John Richard Krueger. Wiesbaden : Harrassowitz, 1955.
- "John R. Krueger, 90". HeraldTimesOnline. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- John Krueger (ed.). Implications for the Question of Nationality in Buriat-Mongol and Kalmyk Publishing of the 1920s and Directory of Buriat and Kalmyk Publications in the New York Public Library. Mongolia Society Bulletin.