John Jerry (born June 14, 1986) is an American football guard for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Mississippi and was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He has also played for the New York Giants.
Jerry with the New York Giants in 2016
|No. 64 – Cincinnati Bengals|
|Born:||June 14, 1986|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||340 lb (154 kg)|
|High school:||South Panola|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 73|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
High school careerEdit
Jerry attended South Panola High School in Batesville, Mississippi, where he was a two-way lineman and his career totals included 205 tackles, with 13 quarterback sacks. As a senior, he made 88 tackles, including five quarterback sacks, and returned one pass interception for a touchdown. He helped lead South Panola High School and coach Ricky Woods to a 44-1 record, including state championships in 2003 and 2004, while being runners-up in 2002.
After a prep school year at Hargrave Military Academy, Jerry started all 12 contests at right guard for the Ole Miss Rebels in 2006. He was honored by several postseason publications as one of the top freshman linemen in the country, including The Sporting News and Rivals.com. In 2007, he played in all 12 games and started nine at the right guard position.
Jerry was moved to right tackle and started all 13 games at the position in 2008, and earned second team All-SEC honors from the SEC Coaches and Phil Steele.
Jerry was considered one of the better offensive linemen available in the 2010 NFL Draft. He drew comparisons to Leonard Davis. On draft day, he was selected by the Miami Dolphins in the third round with the 73rd overall pick.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|6 ft 5 3⁄8 in
|9 3⁄4 in
|5.15 s||1.81 s||3.02 s||4.69 s||7.93 s||27 1⁄2 in
|8 ft 5 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
In February 2014, the NFL released the "Wells Report" finding that Jerry, along with Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey, had bullied and harassed lineman Jonathan Martin, another unnamed player, and an assistant trainer during the 2012-13 seasons. The harassment of the assistant trainer, in which Jerry took part, included racial insults.
New York GiantsEdit
On March 13, 2017, Jerry signed a three-year, $10 million contract extension with the Giants. He started all 16 games for the Giants at right guard in 2017.
On September 2, 2018, Jerry was released by the Giants.
- Rivals.com Offensive tackles 2005, January 18, 2005
- Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009), "Preseason offensive tackle power rankings", Rivals.com
- Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009), 2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced, Football Writers Association of America
- "NFL Draft - 2010 OG Draft Prospects", CBSSports.com
- Brandt, Gil, "Top offensive tackle prospects for 2010 hail from the Big 12", NFL.com
- "John Jerry Draft Profile", CBSSports.com, retrieved August 22, 2009
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP, "Report to the National Football League Concerning Issues of Workplace Conduct at the Miami Dolphins Archived 2014-02-21 at the Wayback Machine", February 14, 2014
- Eder, Steve, and Ben Shpigel,"Two Dolphins’ Paths to a Bullying Scandal", New York Times, February 24, 2014; retrieved February 25, 2014
- Eisen, Michael (March 21, 2014). "Giants Sign Free Agent OL John Jerry". Giants.com. Retrieved March 21, 2014.
- Raanan, Jordan (March 13, 2015). "Offensive lineman John Jerry latest Giants player set to re-sign with team". nj.com. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (March 13, 2017). "Giants bring back John Jerry". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Eisen, Michael (September 2, 2018). "Giants waive QB Davis Webb, announce practice squad among roster moves". Giants.com.
- "Bengals Sign John Jerry, Waive Rod Taylor". Bengals.com. June 10, 2019.
- "Bengals Announce 53-Man Roster". Bengals.com. August 31, 2019. Retrieved August 31, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Jerry.|