John Henry George Forgeham
14 May 1941
Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England
|Died||10 March 2017 (aged 75)|
Worthing, West Sussex, England
|Spouse(s)||Georgina Hale (actress/divorced)|
Fiesta mei Ling (actress/divorced)
Arlene Garciano (2004–2006)
Born in Kidderminster, Worcestershire, Forgeham moved to Erdington, Birmingham as a child, and trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) on a two-year scholarship (1962–64) and graduated with a RADA Silver medal for Best Performance student. He was a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) (from 1966 until 1972) and toured with the company both nationally and internationally. Whilst on tour in Australia he decided to stay longer than anticipated and founded the Globe Shakespeare Theatre in Sydney.
His many TV credits include: The Avengers, Z-Cars, The Stone Tape, Crossroads (as Jim Baines) The Sweeney, Ivanhoe, Beau Geste, Minder, The Professionals, Shoestring, Juliet Bravo, C.A.T.S. Eyes, Lovejoy, Bergerac, The Governor, Pulaski, Making Out, Nice Work, Prime Suspect, London's Burning, Casualty, The Bill and Doctors.
Film appearances include: The Italian Job (1969), Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall (1973), Spy Story (1976), Sheena (1984), Pope John Paul II (1984), The Laughter of God (1990), King of the Wind (1990), The Young Americans (1993), Staggered (1994), The Road to Ithaca (1999), Kiss of the Dragon (2001), Mean Machine (2001), Pledge of Allegiance (2007), Torture Room (2007) and Dead Man Running (2009).
In 2004 he appeared in the second series of the ITV weight loss show, Celebrity Fit Club. He replaced Freddie Starr as team captain, but was demoted five weeks later, the role being taken by James Whitaker.
- The Partner (1963) – Adrian Marlowe (Edgar Wallace Mysteries)
- The Italian Job (1969) – Frank
- Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall (1973) – Wally
- One Hour to Zero (1976) – Sam Rogers
- Spy Story (1976) – Security Guard
- Star Wars (1977) – Captain Bolvan (Imperial Officer) (uncredited)
- Pope John Paul II (1984) – Officer Moljek
- Sheena (1984) – Jorgensen
- The Inquiry (1986) – Marco
- King of the Wind (1990) – Blacksmith
- The Young Americans (1993) – Detective Gray
- Staggered (1994) – Inspector Lubbock
- Remember Me? (1997) – Police inspector
- The Road to Ithaca (1999) – Kemal Ahmed
- Kiss of the Dragon (2001) – Max
- Mean Machine (2001) – Charlie Sykes
- Pledge of Allegiance (2007) – Mr. Green
- Dead Man Running (2009) – Terry Biggs
- The People.co.uk
- "Sunday People – News, views, gossip, pictures, video". People.co.uk. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Das, Shanti; Saunders, Emmeline (11 March 2017). "The Italian Job and Footballers' Wives actor John Forgeham dies aged 75". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Footballers' Wives interview
- John Forgeham obituary The Guardian, 13 March 2017. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Actor John Forgeham, who starred in The Italian Job, dies after falling out of bed". 11 March 2017.
- "John Forgeham". aveleyman.com.
- "John Forgeham". BFI.
- "Celebrity Fit Club[13/01/2004] (2004)". BFI.
- "Actor John Forgeham, who starred in The Italian Job, dies after falling out of bed". The Independent. 11 March 2017.