John E. Ferling(Redirected from John Ferling)
John E. Ferling (born 1940) is a professor emeritus of history at the University of West Georgia. As a leading historian in the American Revolution and founding era, he has appeared in television documentaries on PBS, the History Channel, C-SPAN Book TV, and the Learning Channel.
|John E. Ferling|
Ferling in 2015
Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.
|Other names||John Ferling|
|Occupation||Historian, Author, Professor (retired 2004)|
|Known for||American revolution historian|
|Awards||Lifetime Achievement Award / Fraunces Tavern Book Award|
Ferling was born in 1940 in Charleston, West Virginia. He grew up in Texas City, Texas. He attended Sam Houston State University, and later received a master's degree in history from Baylor University. Ferling taught for 39 years, mostly at the University of West Georgia. He retired from teaching to spend more time writing.
- The Ascent of George Washington: The Hidden Political Genius of an American Icon
- Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence
- The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution 
- A Wilderness of Miseries: War and Warriors in Early America 
- The First of Men: A Life of George Washington
- Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America 
- John Adams: A Life 
- Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution 
- A Leap in the Dark: The Struggle to Create the American Republic 
- Adams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 
- Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free (published June 21, 2011)
- Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation"*
- Ferling, John E. (2015). Whirlwind: the American Revolution and the War that Won It. Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 9781620401729.
- "Hooks Book Events – Interactive Author Programs – Washington, DC – Home". hooksbookevents.com.
- "John Ferling – Biography". johnferling.com.
- Professor Emeritus Receives NYC Prize. University of West Georgia (April 13, 2009)
- "AlumniDen – Alumni Association". westga.edu.
- "Amazon.com: The Ascent of George Washington: The Hidden Political Genius of an American Icon (9781596914650): John Ferling: Books". amazon.com.
- Ferling, J.E. (2007), Almost a miracle: the American victory in the War of Independence, Oxford University Press, ISBN 9780195181210, OCLC 85898929, retrieved July 5, 2009
- "Almost A Miracle". oup.com.
- *Ferling, J. E. (1977). The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution. Pennsylvania State University Press. ISBN 0271005149. OCLC 3088790.
- Ferling, J.E. (1980). A wilderness of miseries: war and warriors in early America. Greenwood Press. ISBN 031322093X. OCLC 5706410.
- Ferling, J.E.; Societies, American Council of Learned (1988), The first of men: A life of George Washington
- Ferling, J. (1993), "Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America", America's First World War: the French and Indian War, 1754–1763, Harlan Davidson
- Ferling, J. (1992), John Adams: a life, Univ. of Tennessee Press, ISBN 0870497308, OCLC 243731777
- Ferling, J.E. (2000). Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0195134095. OCLC 43118302.
- Ferling, J.E. (2003), A leap in the dark: the struggle to create the American republic, ISBN 0195159241, OCLC 51511252, retrieved July 5, 2009
- Ferling, J.E. (2004), Adams vs. Jefferson: the tumultuous election of 1800, ISBN 0195167716, OCLC 54959849
- "Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free: John Ferling: 9781608190089: Amazon.com: Books". amazon.com.
- Ferling, John E. (2013). Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation". Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 9781608195282. OCLC 826322983.