John Dowie (footballer)
|Full name||John Dowie|
|Date of birth||12 December 1955|
|Place of birth||Hamilton, Scotland|
|Date of death||22 January 2016(aged 60)|
|Place of death||Hamilton, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in (1.84 m)|
|1978||→ Houston Hurricane (loan)||21||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
In 1977, he left to join Celtic, making his debut for them on 10 September 1977 against Rangers. He also appeared for the Bhoys against Rangers in the 1978 Scottish League Cup Final. He did not make an appearance for the club in 1978-79 and left to join Doncaster Rovers in April 1979.
Dowie played a total of 25 senior games for Rovers, scoring 2 goals. He next moved to play for Clyde, making his league debut in the 1981-82 season. After Clyde he moved to Australia to play for the Doveton club.
- "John Dowie". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "NASL Soccer North American Soccer League Players, Photos, and Statistics". Nasljerseys.com. 12 December 1955. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "John Dowie: 1955-2016". Fulham FC. 22 January 2016. Retrieved 15 October 2017.
- "John Dowie". Football League Career Stats. Neil Brown. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- TheCelticWiki(Celtic) profile
|This biographical article related to a Scottish midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|