John Carter Cash (born March 3, 1970) is an American country singer-songwriter and musician. He is the only child of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, and the grandson of Maybelle Carter.
John Carter Cash
|Born||March 3, 1970|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, film producer|
For several years after his birth, his father altered the conclusion of "A Boy Named Sue" to mention him by name; in 1972 his parents recorded the duet "I Got a Boy (And His Name is John)" about their son; and in 1975 a photograph of him with his father was on the sleeve of the album Look at Them Beans.
He worked as a music producer on his mother's albums Press On and Wildwood Flower, which won a Grammy Award for Best Traditional Folk album.
He was the associate Producer of his father's American III: Solitary Man and American IV: The Man Comes Around. In the early 1990s he toured with his father as a rhythm guitarist. He has produced recordings for many artists like: Sheryl Crow, Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson, Elvis Costello, Kris Kristofferson, Emmylou Harris, and Vince Gill. He owns and operates Cash Cabin Enterprises, LLC., a music production company in the Cash Cabin Studio.
He married Ana Cristina Cash, a singer, in 2016 in Charleston, South Carolina. They have two children, Grace June and James Kristoffer. Cash has three older children, Joseph John, Anna Maybelle and Jack Ezra from two previous marriages.
As solo artistEdit
|The Family Secret||
|We Must Believe In Magic||
With Carter Family IIIEdit
|Past & Present|
|1986||Stagecoach||Billy Pickett||Also stars parents Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash|
|2005||Walk the Line||Bob Neal||Uncredited |
Also executive producer
Cash has written books about his parents:
- Anchored in Love: an intimate portrait of June Carter Cash, Thomas Nelson, 2007
- House of Cash: the legacies of my father Johnny Cash, Insight Editions, 2011
- Cash and Carter family cookbook: recipes and recollections from Johnny and June's table, Thomas Nelson, 2018
and for children:
- Momma Loves Her Little Son, Little Simon Inspirations, 2009
- Daddy Loves His Little Girl, Little Simon Inspirations, 2010
- The Cat in the Rhinestone Suit, Little Simon Inspirations, 2012
- Lupus Rex, a novel, Ravenstone, 2013.
- ^ "Get To Know The Man in Black's Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash". April 1, 2021.
- ^ "Wildwood Flower - June Carter Cash | Credits | AllMusic" – via www.allmusic.com.
- ^ "John Carter Cash Biography". Country Music.
- ^ "John Carter Cash". IMDb.
- ^ "John Carter Cash | Credits". AllMusic.
- ^ Angela Stefano (September 18, 2017). "John Carter + Ana Cristina Cash Welcome Baby Girl". theboot.com. Retrieved May 30, 2021.
- ^ "It's a boy for the Cash family". www.countrystandardtime.com. Retrieved March 13, 2022.
- ^ John Carter Cash, Wife Ana Cristina Expecting a Baby Girl TheBoot.Com by Angela Stefano. Published: April 14, 2017. Accessed Agust 16, 2022
- ^ "Bitter Harvest - John Carter Cash". Allmusic. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "The Family Secret - John Carter Cash". Allmusic. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "We Must Believe in Magic - John Carter Cash". Allmusic. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "The Carter Family III - Past & Present". Amazon. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "The Carter Family III - Past and Present". Country Standard Time. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "Stagecoach (TV Movie 1986) - Full Cast & Crew". IMDB. Retrieved April 28, 2022.
- ^ "Walk the Line (2005) - Full Cast & Crew". IMDB. Retrieved April 28, 2022.